Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What in the World could be causing this Idle / Timing Issue???

Quote Originally Posted by pganci View Post
    So I tried to do some VE tuning today but I keep getting OL - Fault after about 5 minutes of driving. The truck goes limp and the AFR reads 18. Does anyone know how to eliminate the OL - Fault?

Also, why did they take down the beta link download in the customer center, I unfortunately didn't save my downloads and the last one that was up that I downloaded crashes when you try to load a compare file.
    Post the tune and a log of it happening

Access to beta expires every so often. Email support and they can add your access back

Mine is doing the same when opening a compare file. I'm dl'ing the most recent one now to see if it's any better

If not, I have an older one saved I might can get to you. Let me check the current one first
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Post the tune and a log of it happening

Access to beta expires every so often. Email support and they can add your access back

Mine is doing the same when opening a compare file. I'm dl'ing the most recent one now to see if it's any better

If not, I have an older one saved I might can get to you. Let me check the current one first

I posted this up last week when it first happened but nobody viewed it. Thanks for looking at it, let me know if you have any questions.

It looks that way, the way we are logging VE it is capturing both CL and OL and we just need to copy the individual VE tables as you suggested until a release that allows us to just copy to each VVE table.

The p0102 was actually set the whole time from failing the MAF but something triggered the Open Loop Fault. For some reason just before I started logging I added Fuel System Status to my config table so I was able to see the error.

I accelerated a couple of times going into PE/OL and on the third or fourth time it went from OL - Accel/Decel back to OL - Normal, I coasted for 18 seconds then I went back to about 26 TPS and the OL - Fault triggered. I was dead in the water, i gave it 50% throttle and nothing. Fortunately it reset by simply turning off then on.

I did find a thread that some Cobalt guys had OL - Fault and said it was because the rear O2's were missing and they had no resolution.

Attached is the log and config i was using. The OL - Fault happens at 7.21 seconds.
    [/I]

Default Imperial Paul VE.cfg
    06.30.2015.VE2.hpl
    Ganci E38 T42 Dyno 3.00 Pulley Beta 06.30.2015.VE2 New.hpt
    Last edited by pganci; 07-03-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Just realized i didnt post the tune last week.
    2003 Escalade ESV, 408, 2.9 Whipple, Dragonslayer, Compstar I-Beams, Wiseco 20cc, PRC LS3/L92 Heads, 231/242 .617".610" 113, ID850's, ARH 1 7/8 LT's, 4L80e, Circle D Triple Disk 2400, SFI Flexplate, Custom 3" Dual Exhaust, LS3 Harness E38/T42 Controllers, ZR-1 MAP, Chiller System

SemperFi

I fell off the grid for a bit due to a mechanical failure. I went WOT on less than an 1/4 tank and the pumps went dry and causing a very violent event. After I filled up every time I went WOT I would get a similar backfire, I thought it was something I did when playing with the Injector timing and after backing out the changes it didn't resolve the issue and I wound up doing the intake backfire about 4 more times before I figured out that I broke a valve spring on # 5 intake. Scoping the piston I see some strange spots on the piston but leak down and compression tests don't indicate an issue.

Fixed the valve spring and now it seems like I am running lean. I thought I may have damaged my MAP sensor hitting 22 psi when the intake backfire took place because now when I go into boost my Manifold Vacuum PID shows negative PSI that is basically the exact opposite of what my boost is reading. Changing the MAP sensor did not fix it. All scans prior to this happening when I go into boost Manifold vacuum would go to 0.00 and stay there until I came out of boost.

So the question is what could be causing my manifold vacuum PID to start displaying negative. Could I have damaged my bypass valve?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Last edited by pganci; 07-27-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    2003 Escalade ESV, 408, 2.9 Whipple, Dragonslayer, Compstar I-Beams, Wiseco 20cc, PRC LS3/L92 Heads, 231/242 .617".610" 113, ID850's, ARH 1 7/8 LT's, 4L80e, Circle D Triple Disk 2400, SFI Flexplate, Custom 3" Dual Exhaust, LS3 Harness E38/T42 Controllers, ZR-1 MAP, Chiller System

SemperFi