Thread: VCM Suite and Junk yard Engines

Tuner in Training

VCM Suite and Junk yard Engines

Hi,

I have purchased a F150 &b 6R80 pullout for my project. I was hoping to purchase the VCM Suite to tune the engine. I have purchased a brand new Mustang 2014 PCM with a strategy loaded. It has had the PATS Flashed off by a SCT Dealer this is the PCM that I will be using.

Will this new PCM be compatible with VCM Suite after it's had some kind of SCT Flash?
    Will it still have the PATS disabled?
    How do I license this new PCM it probably won't have a VIN?.

I also have the original F150 PCM it will possibly have a VIN stored in it. Can I use that, if so how would I retrieve it

thanks

Tuner in Training
    120 views and not one reply. Is it because I mentioned SCT.

Tuner in Training
    or they perhaps don't have a answer

Tuner in Training
    Beats me, maybe try posting the same question in the Ford section?

We will be supporting junkyard swaps and PATS removal. No ETA though.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    We will be supporting junkyard swaps and PATS removal. No ETA though.
    Thanks Eric,

Will your new 2.25 scanner and Editor work with the 2014 PCM that I purchased that already has the SCT PATS disable Flash. It has some sort of core change as well. I have no idea what that means

Quote Originally Posted by XW Coyote View Post
    Thanks Eric,

Will your new 2.25 scanner and Editor work with the 2014 PCM that I purchased that already has the SCT PATS disable Flash. It has some sort of core change as well. I have no idea what that means
    I'm not familiar with what SCT having a PATS disable flash, but yes, you would be able to tune it with our software.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Eric.

That's awesome news.

I'm not a tuner but I'm looking forward to learning. I have down loaded some of your demo software and some tune files and the format and layout is not hard to follow.

Time to start and read some of your tuning articles. Any idea as to when your 2.25 scanner and editor will be released to the general public for purchase

Eric, is there any ETA on when the PATS disabling support might be ready, even a rough ETA possibly? (end of year, next year, ect?)

Thank you and the HPT team for your continued work on the Ford support, it's great to have and you guys are really doing work!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Also, does anyone know of an interim solution to those of us that are going to use the 5.0/6R ECU's out of the F150's at this time? I believe at current rate, i'll be ready to fire my setup very soon, and am looking for any workaround to the PATS issue I can use, until HPT gets things all setup for us.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw