Thread: Config to log 2.5 BAR MAP sensor?

Advanced Tuner

Question Config to log 2.5 BAR MAP sensor?

I've searched and searched without finding an answer so I'm asking here...

I have a Bosch 2.5 BAR TMAP sensor on my E-Force supercharger that I'm trying to read correctly. I've adjusted its parameters in the editor, my question is only on the scanner. I see the 1 and 2 BAR MAP - GM PIDs but again, my sensor is a 2.5 BAR sensor. So far the best way I could figure to get realistic Absolute MAP readings is to define a User Defined PID that is ([SENS.30.KPA]*2.5)-1.65. The 1.65 is my sensor's offset. Would I be better off using the "2 BAR MAP - GM" ([AUX.20021]) and multiplying it by 1.25? The scanner help says to use generic sensors whenever possible so that's why I chose the [SENS.30]. Is there somewhere in the scanner that I can enter my sensor's specific slope and offset and apply that against [SENS.30]? I defined a couple of histograms that use my 2.5BAR_MAP PID so I think I'm OK there -- I just want to make sure I get the correct reading from my 2.5 BAR sensor. BTW, my PCM is an E67 that comes with the harness for the GMPP 430 HP crate engine and it supports MAP values up to 255 kPa. I believe I've attached my config.

Thanks for any pointers!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    > 100 views but nary a reply? Have I overlooked something simple so no one is bothering to answer or is this is actually a tough question?

Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    I've searched and searched without finding an answer so I'm asking here...

I have a Bosch 2.5 BAR TMAP sensor on my E-Force supercharger that I'm trying to read correctly. I've adjusted its parameters in the editor, my question is only on the scanner. I see the 1 and 2 BAR MAP - GM PIDs but again, my sensor is a 2.5 BAR sensor. So far the best way I could figure to get realistic Absolute MAP readings is to define a User Defined PID that is ([SENS.30.KPA]*2.5)-1.65. The 1.65 is my sensor's offset. Would I be better off using the "2 BAR MAP - GM" ([AUX.20021]) and multiplying it by 1.25? The scanner help says to use generic sensors whenever possible so that's why I chose the [SENS.30]. Is there somewhere in the scanner that I can enter my sensor's specific slope and offset and apply that against [SENS.30]? I defined a couple of histograms that use my 2.5BAR_MAP PID so I think I'm OK there -- I just want to make sure I get the correct reading from my 2.5 BAR sensor. BTW, my PCM is an E67 that comes with the harness for the GMPP 430 HP crate engine and it supports MAP values up to 255 kPa. I believe I've attached my config.

Thanks for any pointers!!
    If it's connected to the cars computer as your main MAP sensor, then you can just log any of the MAP sensor PID's NOT THE EXTERNAL INPUT PID'S!!

If it's connected directly to the interface as a 5V input then let us know that, as that changes things. The ONLY time you use the external input PID's if it the sensor is connected directly to the HP Tuners interface.

You're already logging Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE). That is all you need assuming it's your main MAP sensor. Nothing else. There is a PID in engine-->airflow for MAP hi-res or something like that that will update more quickly I believe. You can try that as well if you want.

There is no point (and I don't think it will even work) in trying to create a formula to convert MAP output voltage to kpa or psi, IF you're using it as your main MAP sensor. That's already handled on the PCM. The result (kpa) is then available for the scanner to read, in kpa units.

You are making it entirely too complicated.

The exception is if you're using it as a stand alone sensor connected directly to the interface, as I've already mentioned.

If that is the case let me know and I'll tell you how to set it up. You need to setup a custom input and stop trying to use the built in ones that pretty much suck.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 05-28-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Doh! I was barking up the wrong tree and making something trivially easy sound complicated. The simple solution was simply to flash the new calibration data to the PCM and now it reports the correct MAP readings using the SAE MAP sensor PID. Thanks for helping out a noob!