Thread: trying to tune then it died

Potential Tuner

trying to tune then it died

so im at a loss I have a 04 5.3 in my 1985 buick regal 4l80 70mm turbo twin fuel pumps 58lbs injectors so we had it running pretty good and took it for a ride got into boost 10lbs and was a bit lean a/f gauge was 15.5 we gave it a bit more fuel pressure at the regulator it was better then went to turn around the timming went to negative 5 then it died now no talk to the computer and fuel pump does nothing help needid

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by regal8553 View Post
    so im at a loss I have a 04 5.3 in my 1985 buick regal 4l80 70mm turbo twin fuel pumps 58lbs injectors so we had it running pretty good and took it for a ride got into boost 10lbs and was a bit lean a/f gauge was 15.5 we gave it a bit more fuel pressure at the regulator it was better then went to turn around the timming went to negative 5 then it died now no talk to the computer and fuel pump does nothing help needid
    What injectors? What fuel pressure were you running? What are you running now? Why would you make changes to the fuel pressure at the regulator?

There are a million things that could cause your electrical issue.
    Last edited by Eaglegoat; 05-17-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Potential Tuner
    there injectors out of a 6.2 dodge srt 58lbs and my gauge is broke on pressure reg but before it was running ok we were just trying to pull timming out got it to max 15 overall I did find a ground fell off the block at the end of our drive when it died would that kill the ecm for good or is there a reset I can do