Thread: gto tune

Tuner in Training

gto tune

Hey guys, Could some of you who are gurus at tuning check my tune for my stock 04 gto. I've been tuning and tuning and just cant get it to where I want it. This is the tune I been fooling with. Do you see anything out of place?
    Attached Files Attached Files

What is done to the vehicle and what is not working right??

The MAF table and VE are too choppy for one, they should both have a smooth curve to them with no spikes or dips.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Define tuning...what have you done todate and what is your overall tuning plan. What ,cfg have you developed to support that plan and where are the logs/tune history to exhibit your path forward.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Everything you said Mowton has exceeded my tuning knowledge. lol. I started with the basics, such as VE tables and timing. For one thing, it took be forever to get the VE table close, I just figured out the other day I wasn't going to open loop. So I disabled closed loop and got it much closer. So when I got my VE table looking ok, guess what? My car started throwing codes saying it was running rich. Oh and 5FDP, the VE table you are looking at is one i pasted from somewhere else since mine apparently was "rich" yet my STFT's where looking fine around -5% or less. When I say I havent gotten it to where i want it is because I've tinkered around a few times and felt huge power increases, and then all of a sudden it felt slow again. Thanks for the time guys!

Tuner in Training
    The car is stock for now. I was just trying to enhance what i can. I think I am going to just wait until I get a better intake and headers before I keep fooling with it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 2doorimpala View Post
    Everything you said Mowton has exceeded my tuning knowledge. lol. I started with the basics, such as VE tables and timing. For one thing, it took be forever to get the VE table close, I just figured out the other day I wasn't going to open loop. So I disabled closed loop and got it much closer. So when I got my VE table looking ok, guess what? My car started throwing codes saying it was running rich. Oh and 5FDP, the VE table you are looking at is one i pasted from somewhere else since mine apparently was "rich" yet my STFT's where looking fine around -5% or less. When I say I havent gotten it to where i want it is because I've tinkered around a few times and felt huge power increases, and then all of a sudden it felt slow again. Thanks for the time guys!
    So I cant "lol" over this.....it is becoming very frustrating with new tuners who just plug in and start messing...so much I have started a new career path to help preclude this because while nothing bad has happened to date, tuning without knowing can result in grenaded engines and/or trannies....

Sorry for the rant...:-(

Let me know if I can help, PM me

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]