Thread: how can i adjust decel parameters? for srt

Tuner in Training

how can i adjust decel parameters? for srt

Well im looking at trying to adjust the decel for my srt4, i like the popping that srts do lol but i dunno how or where to adjust decel? And my decel is kinda rich some while deceleration. Thanks guys

Tuner in Training
    copy the part throttle base timing, the VE map, and then go to Engine/fuel/cutoff/delay and change all the boxes to 7-8 seconds
    This will give you the loud popping you are looking for.....The rest of this tune is a Stage 1 SRT with a modified WOT FA enrichment, boost by gear, 20 psi,and no overboost codes. It is from my daily driven SRT. New OX base tune 32915.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    The attached file has the same decel, but it does not have the 20psi or boost by gear. The one inline with the paragraph has all the goodies.

Advanced Tuner
    Forgive my curiosity, but when you say boost by gear, do you really mean boost by MPH? I don't see a torque by gear table, but do see a torque by MPH.

I know you can setup breakpoints in MPH vs Torque to match the speeds that would correspond with each gear change on a "pedal-to-the-metal" pull, but there is always some amount of MPH overlap from one gear to the next that is hard to overcome or compensate for when rolling starts are encountered.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, boost by mph, but most of the SRT community knows it by boost by gear.
    The table is not there in useable form in Stage 2 or Stage 3 ECU's.

Tuner in Training
    Well i was just looking where to adjust for the decel and popping, i have my tune im on 1000s and big turbo, i just wanted to see where to adjust for popping on decel

Potential Tuner
    I have the same setup as you, 1025cc Siemens, and big turbo. having a hell of a time trying to tune my car on HP. car wants to spike over 35psi, which is no bueno. Forgive my neediness, but is there anyway I could take a look at the tune your running to give me a decent starting point? Im running 1025cc inj, wally 255, 3bar map and tip, tial 38mm wg with 15lb spring, and a 62trim. 05 pcm. so far I can drive the car, but can't get into boost at all without all hell breaking loose. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.