Thread: 2014 mustang 5.0 nitrous

Tuner in Training

2014 mustang 5.0 nitrous

Anyone have a good tune for 150 shot. Maybe you guys can point me in a direction to learn more on adjusting timing in this beast.

Tuner in Training
    Wet or dry? What kit? Manual or Auto? What type of fuel? What plugs? Current modifications to car? I have not done one of these, but I do have a lot of nitrous experience.

I would:

1. Remove as many nannies as possible - you dont want the car to manipulate the throttle when spraying

2. Set up your optimum power timing map for the nitrous - this will depend on what rpm you bring the spray in at and what fuel you use. While fine tuning and data logging limit or remove knock advance until your timing table is pretty close then you may add in a few degrees of knock advance.

3. Set your wot fuel table to what fuel ratio you want at wot throttle. With 14.7 as stoich, my cars always responded well to 11.8-12.0 on a 150 shot on 93. Coyotes seem to like fuel so you may want to be a bit richer than that. Probably start with .78 lambda, possibly .76-.77 on the initial hit.

4. A few pieces of advice: start safe data log and read plugs, dont spray below 3500 rpm, use a window switch and set the window swtich below your rpm limiter in the computer, use a step colder plugs with a tighter gap, dont spray before the maf.

5. I never liked to spray through shifts on a factory tranny, but maybe it's not an issue with 6r80

Tuner in Training
    Sorry man I assumed you guys were like my wife and could read my mind, lol. Nitrous express wet kit after throttle body, Running a tps window switch bringing in at 4500 to start with, automatic, 93 octane(110 on occasions) installing a set of long tube headers at the moment, stock tune file, cai. Haven't changed the plugs as of yet, will put new set in with the headers.(Haven't investigated plugs yet either). . Helping a buddy with this car, and have a lot to learn on this coyote system. Was really hoping someone would chime in with a good place to learn more on the intricacies of the system. I appreciate the info you gave. The optimum power was my biggest question with the system and tuning the spark. Have found a couple places with some info since posting this last week.
    Last edited by bewarechevette; 05-18-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Very interested in what info you found.

Please share what info you found.