Thread: 2012 Chevy Cruze bad over boost at 6200rpm

Tuner in Training

2012 Chevy Cruze bad over boost at 6200rpm

Have this issue in a customers Cruze that I can't figure out. Around 6200 rpm it's almost like the wastegate shuts and it jumps from 17psi to 29psi. The boost spikes so fast it causes the car to misfire in the 6200rpm range. Any ideas as to what's going on? If I turn the wastegate DC way down to 70 it will stop doing the over boost but you feel it and see it trying to.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the same problem but my throttle starts closing at 6200, spikes boost and results in knock and a rapid drop in power. I'm staying below 6k rpm to avoid this, last time it hit 7-8 degrees of KR that it immediately went into power reduction and dogged the whole way home. The only thing I can think of is the high boost, weak valvesspring combination most of these motors are seeing with the tuning.

Potential Tuner
    What's the rev limiter set to, and what type of "control method" are you using(engine>fuel>cut off DFCO>control method)? I see this if I smack the limiter with the control method set to "pleasable"(spark only). That method retards timing by 25deg and sends the turbo into overdrive. I use "Max Range"(fuel and spark), and I don't see boost spiking at the limiter.
    To stop the throttle from closing, disable "Use Predicted Torque".