Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 cobalt ls turbo tuning help

2009 cobalt ls turbo tuning help

cobalt turbo mod.hpt cobalt.hpl

ok guys im in the cobalt turbo mod.hptcobalt.hpl of tuning my cobalt base model turbo im new to tuning but have a pretty goo idea on whats what for the most part so heres the issue I put a base tune that I made up for the 60# injectors so the ltft and stft are off ok no big deal right? Wrong for some reason it wont let me log ltft and stft on my histogram so I can make the changes that I need to make. and another issue im used to one VE table (from tuning my blazer) this car has 8 lol any help will be appreciated oh and the car has a 2.5 bar map sensor on it and I know the maf is still on but the car wont run with out it
    Last edited by Boosted C6; 05-14-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    make all ve tables the same unless you know the barometric pressure sensor limits for each table series. DOD is "Displacement On Demand" and the function in the ecu is disabled so those tables are inactive.
    since all the maf features are still active the ecu may be monitoring it and thus when disconnected causes a no start. my cobalt tc did that until I went through and disabled all of the codes related to the maf sensor. another thing to note is the maf isn't being used until 7000 rpm, if you want to just do a quick ve tune and then use the maf to take of the majority of the fueling then lower its threshold after you ve tune. I would study up on the lsj threads as you are very similar to their ecu processing design. you have a few tables they don't have but otherwise it thinks about the same.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

OK thanks man and one more thing do I have to change anything since I'm using the lsj map sensor?

yea go into the engine diagnostics tab, navigate to the airflow section and enter the values I have circled in red. (those values are from a factory 05 lsj file)
    Attached Images Attached Images

it may not have started because the map was so far off it defaulted to running the maf. that's just a thought though not hard data since I haven't tested that theory on a 2.2 before.

OK that worked no issues starting but I can't log stft or ltft on my histogram so I can make the changes I need to but it all works fine when I tuned my blazer

make sure the table primary in the scanner has the ltft and stft listed on it then open your histogram configurations and select the histograms you wish to plot them on and make sure the plot value is the same as the one you have listed on the table primary list.

I got the histogram working with the fuel trims but it doesn't help me because I don't have a primary ve table so I cant copy paste special add I have these for ve tables

those 8 are your primaries for reversion only. its a ve for one event out of a cycle.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-18-2015 at 12:45 AM. Reason: error interpreting files

So I still have to log as stft and ltft on my histogram just change the x and y axes to tps and engine speed then make all those tables the same then I can just copy and past special add to them correct?

Yes but paste special multiply by percent.

cobalt ls turbo ve.hpt cobalt log.cfg cobalt 2.hpl

ok new issue I turned my boost down to 5 psi to be safe. im working on my VE tables but when it hits boost it pops and cracks. and my wide band says my afrs are close to my commanded but my stft say otherwise im confused with this

sorry for all the stupid questions and thanks for all the help

i cant look at this until later tonight. maybe someone else can bump in but put the safest tune file you have in and dont hit boost until you get this solved. dont want anyone loosing any motors.

ok thanks ill keep working on the VE tables then and see if I can get that better

I was looking at the lsj low octane spark map and noticed the timing is set lower thinking of putting that in my car and see if that fixes the issue

I messed up, the ve tables above are for reversion mapping. I would revert to factory ve tables and for this ecu's case I would tune the maf sensor to hit commanded values. Set dynamic airflow high to 600 and dynamic airflow low to 500, and raise the maf fail high to max value. Turn maf codes back on and let the maf do some work. It should smooth out.
    I cant believe i misunderstood those tables. Im going to make some phone calls to fix myself. My sincerest apologies.

It's all good bro thanks for your help

Do you think the lsj timing map is a good idea?

The lsj values are made for boost but I didn't look in to comparing the axis between files. if you want them the table axis have to share similar plots or else your just guessing where plots transfer over too.

Then that's a no go I just went threw found the wot boost cells and took 5* away to keep it safe and I fixed the problem with boost