Thread: 13 GT w Roush SC throttle?

Advanced Tuner

13 GT w Roush SC throttle?

I have been working on this 13 GT/CS with a Roush SC just trying to nail down driveability and throttle response. I have made great strides in doing so. The throttle is very linear now from part throttle into boost. Much better than before. Now I want to detune the off idle throttle a little. It seems as if it is too responsive or has an oscillation condition just off idle. I have been playing with driver demand since torque source always seems to read Driver Demand when this is present. I have attached files. Hopefully Eric will take a look at this but is driver demand where I need to be on this or do I need to be playing with something else. In the log at roughly minute 20,I am putting the throttle in that area of problem or oscillation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Badassbird View Post
    I have been working on this 13 GT/CS with a Roush SC just trying to nail down driveability and throttle response. I have made great strides in doing so. The throttle is very linear now from part throttle into boost. Much better than before. Now I want to detune the off idle throttle a little. It seems as if it is too responsive or has an oscillation condition just off idle. I have been playing with driver demand since torque source always seems to read Driver Demand when this is present. I have attached files. Hopefully Eric will take a look at this but is driver demand where I need to be on this or do I need to be playing with something else. In the log at roughly minute 20,I am putting the throttle in that area of problem or oscillation.
    I'd just rescale the Driver Demand table...it's ramped up a lot more than mine.
    I'm just doing the finals up on a 2013 Boss with D-1SC Procharger, 80lb injectors and LT American Racing headers--Catless.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

After dealing with the same thing on my client' car here I made the following changes.

Idle Airflow (Drive) 4000 RPM - changed value to 10
    Idle Airflow (P/N 4095 RPM -- changed value to 10
    ETC idle throttle angle -- 41.3 changed value to 4 and linear to 0 at 1.7

And finalize your decel throttle in the two Torque based Decel tables...
    This (I thought) solved mine. Even with the decel table set to -16000 NM I've still
    got an intermittent hanging throttle.

If you disable the torque based tables, it just decel stalls all the time.

I'm stumped for the moment...
    Last edited by Programmer; 05-28-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Badassbird View Post
    Do you ever determine the cause of the oscillation in the throttle?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    After dealing with the same thing on my client' car here I made the following changes.

Idle Airflow (Drive) 4000 RPM - changed value to 10
    Idle Airflow (P/N 4095 RPM -- changed value to 10
    ETC idle throttle angle -- 41.3 changed value to 4 and linear to 0 at 1.7

And finalize your decel throttle in the two Torque based Decel tables...
    This (I thought) solved mine. Even with the decel table set to -16000 NM I've still
    got an intermittent hanging throttle.

If you disable the torque based tables, it just decel stalls all the time.

I'm stumped for the moment...
    if you disable torque based decel, you need to populate dashpot tables
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161