Thread: Part Throttle Help 08 GT500

Tuner

Part Throttle Help 08 GT500

I am having some issues with part throttle driving from around 1600-3000 rpms. Mostly noticeable in second and third gear. Its almost like the throttle body is opening and closing back and forth. In my scan from frame 2823 to 2930 i was in second gear slowly accelerating and she was bucking while accelerating. The tps shows a consistent 19-20% from 1800 to 3500 rpms. Absolute TPS goes up with RPM.

Any ideas?

Upgrades are:

JLT 123mm cai, L&M 66mm throttle body, 2.5" pulley.

Still using 2.24 scanner.

Thanks!
    GT500 5.5 LTFT Disabled. Pedal WOT Start.hpt
    5.13 part throttle driveability.hpl
    gt500.cfg
    2019 Ford Raptor Tow Rig Scarab 195 Open 250HO
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Tuner
    Or is their anyone that has a configuration for an L&M 66 mm throttle body?
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Potential Tuner
    I've recently jumped into the ford mustang platform and I've encountered the same issue on a 2014 5.0. I can tell you from extensive trial and error it's mostly related to the "predicted throttle angle". This needs to be precisely tuned to sort out the partial throttle bucking.

I hope this helps.

Potential Tuner
    I had a L&M 66 on my 07 GT500 for a while, and the tunes I had for the L&M 66 did not have any adjustments to the Effectve Area, or the feed forward table(predicted throtlle angle in HPT world). I am running the BPS 73MM now, and multiplied the Effective Area by the percentage increase from the stock twin 60 mm. I also change the predicted throttle angle table to reflect the new effective area at throttle angle. I took a quick look at your tune, and not sure on the values you have for the tip-in torque multiplier table.

Tuner
    Thanks for the info. Yeah I never adjusted the tip-in torque multiplier table. Those are stock values. Or at least I hope so anyways. Compared another stock tune file and its the same as mine. I think I fixed the problem. The throttle body I have I purchased from someone else who already had all the electronics hooked up. I swapped them out with my stockers and it runs fine now. Same part numbers and everything so who knows.