Thread: Bad 02 sensor? I need the pro's in here!

Tuner

Bad 02 sensor? I need the pro's in here!

I have been fighting pcv issues and vacuum leaks for the past week (after my phenolic IC install) had to vent my front valve cover due to the front pcv being plugged. Obviously the car sees it as a vac leak and my trims were +7ltft. I then had to connect a hose from my oil fill cap to intake so it sees it as metered air. Ok perfect my trims are now +-3 at idle. Start cruising and bam they are +high teens at times...again. I did not find any vacuum leaks with brake clean days ago. Before the install my trims were pretty consistent around +-3. But were close to -7ltft at idle. So something is off now

When I headed home today after driving up the hill my trims went high teens. Parked and they did not level out. It was almost as if the 02 got stuck??? Or maybe it saw a leak?? I had to unplug it to get my trims back in check at idle and then they were pretty much fine after that if you look at the scans below. I do occasionally get an insufficient 02 switching code with my zzp headers (02 is in the crossover) I had the old tog style downpipe zzp headers on my old car years ago with no issues. Could this be an issue in thinking there is a leak but isn't??

If someone can be of great assistance I am willing to paypal if the problem is fixed.

Below is the link of my more detailed dilemma.

http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...vented-oil-cap
    Attached Files Attached Files
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads
    PB-------12.3 @ 110.......312hp/350tq

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    "I then had to connect a hose from my oil fill cap to intake so it sees it as metered air." Could this itself be causing the problem? if it's just being "piped" into your intake (after the MAF) that sounds like unmetered air. Normally the PCV valves fitted onto valve covers utilize a spring, keeping access to the intake closed for the most part. It sounds like the oil cap method used here would allow open access to the intake all the time. Just a thought, not being there in person to see what's actually happening.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 05-22-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nopps View Post
    "I then had to connect a hose from my oil fill cap to intake so it sees it as metered air." Could this itself be causing the problem? if it's just being "piped" into your intake (after the MAF) that sounds like unmetered air. Normally the PCV valves fitted onto valve covers utilize a spring, keeping access to the intake closed for the most part. It sounds like the oil cap method used here would allow open access to the intake all the time. Just a thought, not being there in person to see what's actually happening.
    As of right now I believe the car is behaving very well 'fingers crossed"

Another member pointed out that my IFR table was hacked.
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads
    PB-------12.3 @ 110.......312hp/350tq