Thread: LNF MAF Calculator

Advanced Tuner

LNF MAF Calculator

Hey all, it seems that lately my computer hasn't been allowing me to use the "Paste Special" feature a lot, so I created an excel sheet that can be used to calculate the MAF tables based on your calculated percentage of error. If someone posted this type of thing already in the past, I apologize. I created this because I needed the tool to help me out at the moment.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. I take no responsibility for how you choose to use this table. It is merely here as an aid. Feel free to modify for your own use.

To use:

Step 1: Paste the current MAF table in row 2, ensuring that it is accurately aligned.

Step 2: Paste the MAF % Error (Can be WB % Error, LTFT + STFT Error, whatever you use) from the log you have in your scanner. (It's okay if you didn't hit all the cells, the spread sheet will leave the MAF frequency alone if you have no data in that column.

Step 3: The NEW MAF row should be your calculated MAF value based on the percentage of error.

OPTIONAL: If you prefer to make less drastic changes to your MAF table all at once, you can use the optional Halfsy MAFsy table. That table is supposed to be setup to change the current MAF table by HALF of the percentage of MAF error.

I would appreciate any feedback that you guys may have to help make this table more accurate and better.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PSYKOSTEVO; 05-08-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Are the paste special problems you are having with 2.25? I've had the same problem but only with 2.25 beta version.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i had beta for a day. when i couldn't make histograms for my sonic i bailed and defaulted 2.24
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    Are the paste special problems you are having with 2.25? I've had the same problem but only with 2.25 beta version.
    Yes, ever since DLing 2.25 I can no longer Paste Special

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    i had beta for a day. when i couldn't make histograms for my sonic i bailed and defaulted 2.24
    I still use 2.24 Public Release for my VCM Scanner at the moment. I think there will be good things coming with the new version, but we shall see. Overall some major improvements I can see in the works. The 2.25 Beta VCM Editor is pretty sweet though, other than some minor quirks like no Paste Special and other oddities.

Advanced Tuner
    I still use 2.24 scanner as well. I've been using 2.25 Editor for quite a while and when I was tuning the MAF, I would copy the data from 2.25 Editor and paste it into one of my older 2.24 tunes and then use the info from the scanner to paste special into that and then copy it from 2.24 Editor back into 2.25. I am happy with the 2.25 Editor as it allows me to tune my auto trans and am looking forward to having the 2.25 completed scanner. 2 more weeks!

Advanced Tuner
    So lets say your copying from cell 10417 down in the scanner, highlight it, copy it, go to version 2.25, click on cell 10417 (do not highlight anything), right click, paste special. Viola. If I remember correctly that is how. I haven't used the beta in a while.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yea mike it doesnt function sometimes
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Only time I had the issue was if I selected multiple cells in tge beta. If I just selected the first cell in beta of the selection of cells I copied in the scanner I never had an issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    I still use 2.24 scanner as well. I've been using 2.25 Editor for quite a while and when I was tuning the MAF, I would copy the data from 2.25 Editor and paste it into one of my older 2.24 tunes and then use the info from the scanner to paste special into that and then copy it from 2.24 Editor back into 2.25. I am happy with the 2.25 Editor as it allows me to tune my auto trans and am looking forward to having the 2.25 completed scanner. 2 more weeks!
    Yeah I have been playing around with the 5-speed auto too on the Kappa cars. Certainly a lot of tables in there. So far I have mostly just been working on getting them to shift at 6,500 WOT and a little quicker shift time. I haven't been messing with the line pressures at all.