Thread: TPS Problems?

Tuner in Training

TPS Problems?

So i am new to tuning I4. This is a 06 supercharged Chevy cobalt with a smaller pulley, exhaust, cold air, and a good heat exchanger. i am having two problems with it.

the first problem is that when i go to scan it it will not show me the KR in the histogram nor the gauges. I have tried a few things to get it to work but no luck so far. it says its unsupported.

my second problem is hat the TPS at idle is anywhere from 18%-22% and at WOT it only goes to 88%. I know the petal is to the floor but the scanner says otherwise. what could be causing this?

thank you for any input to me and my probably basic questions

bubbas_tps.hpl

bubbas.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    sc cobalt maxes out at 88%. there is another value that you can read iirc its ETC% and it would go to 100%. you can read this thread here for more information released by HPT Tech Support about the TPS reading an incorrect value. (TPS is your pedal sensor and ETC is the throttle body plate sensor.)
    post 1:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...2069#post32069
    post 2:
    http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tunin...tuners-116900/
    Reading KR:
    have you opened the "table (primary)" in the scanner and added the kr pid to that table yet?
    if no, anything that is missing from that specific table will not be read by the scanner program. So in ex: when you open it rpm is a listed sensor/pid on the table so the scanner reads it from the ecu and thus you can view it. KR doesn't come listed on it when you initially download the software, you have to tell the scanner software you want to view that parameter. So you open the table, right click on an empty space, select insert, find the sensor or pid you wish the software to record and double click it. Now it should be added into the blank slot you selected in the previous steps. now all you have to do is tell the gauges, histograms, or oscilloscope to plot the data and it should show up.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-06-2015 at 12:04 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    OK now the tps makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up.
    Now for the KR, my scanner does have a main spark timing retard table in the histogram and a KR on the gauges. They work when tunning a ls1 but not this. I did try to insert a new pid that didn't work ether. I also tryed to you the knock senser and still had nothing...
    Both the sencer and the pid text for knock where both black text. Not red.

I know the car is capable of reading it because it worked on another guys scanner just fine a few weeks ago.
    I'm stumped. ...

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    so you have added it to the Table(primary) list? Sometimes they need to be removed and then added again to make sure its the correct sensor path.
    The button for it is circled in red in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    yes. it says (unsupported parameter)

Try this: In the scanner in the upper left go to Tools > Options > Clear last used vehicle. Then hook the scanner up to your car and let it populate the supported parameters. Sometimes reading a different log will screw with things.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Tuner in Training
    Yepp tried that to.... Could the senser be fucked?