Thread: 2 Bar Map reading different values in the table vs Gauges/chart

Tuner in Training

2 Bar Map key on reading -50kpa on the gauge/chart & 93kpa in the table?

I followed this for the scanner:

https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_ed...ters_gm_os.htm

I set up to start tuning for the VE table using the 2 bar OS using this:

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...to_user_sd.htm

I have this 2 bar map sensor: acdelco 213-1631/gm 12615136 and in this log I have the linear set to 200 and the offset to 8

When I use the scanner the guage/chart are reading way off and table looks to be close. I was going to try setting the linear back to 200 and the offset to 10.33.

Any help is appreciated as I would like to start tuning the VE table. Thank you!

John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johnminer; 05-05-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Do I need to add anything else or does what i'm asking make sense?

I tried key on with the linear at 200 and offset at 10.33 and I was at 83 kpa or so. I switched it back to an offset of 8 and the kpa jumped up to 93 with key on (I had to bump the starter to get a reading). So I left it at an offset of 8.

I really need help setting up the scanner properly so that I can input the correct data in the VE table. I'm having a really hard time driving around and staying out of boost, especially if i bring a buddy with me . I registered 2 degrees of KR 1 time and decided it was time to stop messing around and go home. I thought I found a thread earlier where someone had the same problem, but there wasn't a resolution at the end of it. Any help is appreciated and ill keep reading. Thank you!

Tuner in Training
    I was just reviewing my scanner and in the charts display it was still showing the MAF. I deleted it from the chart display. Could this be affecting my Map reading in the histogram and chart? It's to late and I don't want to wake up my son by starting the car.

Following the application procedure for the 2 bar map set up (first link in the 1st post) step 18 says: (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Table display (Scan -> Table Display). Right-click the "Manifold Air Pressure (SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing 1 bar PID from the table, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.

Does it matter if you just click on the table icon? I don't see table display under the Scan drop down?

Tuner in Training
    I just tried the scanner again with the maf deleted from the charts and it didn't make a difference. Here is the scanner i'm using.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I found the problem after reading this thread(post #2):

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...o-boost-in-PSI

I had attempted to put a user defined pid to log boost. The one I entered didn't work and I deleted it from the histogram, but it was still a PID the scanner was registering.....? Anyway I deleted it and then went back and checked the car. With key on the table and gauge match now. Let the VE tuning begin tomorrow!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnminer; 05-05-2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling