Thread: 99 vortec 454 4l60e running 350cid pcm

Potential Tuner

99 vortec 454 4l60e running 350cid pcm

hey guys long time reader here first time poster. hoping for some help should be pretty basic hope you guys can follow.
    I have a 86 chevy k5 blazer running a 99 vortec 454 and a 4l60e. before you start in about the 4l80 . trust me I know but the customer swears the trans can handle it.
    first off could not do a segment swap on the vortec 454 pcm to remove and replace the 4l80 program so I decided it would be easier to install a
    vortec 350 4l60 pcm and retune for 454?
    so far trans works good still need to change a few things but the engine on the other hand is not happy
    ive looked at the differences between the 2 files and swaped every table I could find but made it worse.
    im hopeing to start from scratch and reloaded stock vortec 350 tables back on and try again but I am not shure what to change and what not to.

Potential Tuner
    forgot to state the file names jakes jeepster in stock 350 4l60 with just shift points changed

the file with Jason stock 454 is what the engine required stock

thank you for any help ahead of time.

Potential Tuner
    Bump?

Potential Tuner
    well I thought I put the thread in the right spot but o well. figured it out. so for anyone else that may stumble onto this thread here is some info

the factory vortec 454 / 4l80e pcm will not control the 4l60e.

hp is unable to do a segment swap for the trans.

solution was to use a factory 99 350 / 4l60 pcm with allot of cut and paste from all tabs from 454 pcm not including trans tab

works great now, customer is happy and so am I.