Thread: Stall, Cam, Supercharger, and converter lock/unlock

Tuner in Training

Stall, Cam, Supercharger, and converter lock/unlock

I have an '98 A4 'vette with a SS3600 Yank converter, 228/232 .571/.573 cam, and a supercharger. All of these will affect the rotating harmonics of he crankshaft and cause false misfire detections and, ultimately, cause my converter to unlock at under 2800ish rpm. What I did to correct this was to disable misfire detection (max ECT/min ECT). However, I've been reading that a lot of people will just max out the "Min RPM" and "Medium RPM" tables and leave the "High RPM" tables alone to allow the computer to detect a misfire at higher RPMs. This sounds great, but for a '98 A4 vette the Medium RPM table ends at 3000 rpm and the high RPM tables are already maxed out from the factory. That is, except for a few cells at the 3000 rpm row, every other cell is already set to 32767 (I've verified on a couple of stock '98 A4 tunes).
    Thus, if I wanted to disable the misfire detection at 3000 below on my tune I would effectively be disabling misfire detection across all RPM ranges as misfire detection is only basically enabled from 1600-3000 rpm on the 98 A4, exactly where I'm having trouble.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    Anybody?
    Why is it that the '98 LS1 only has misfire detection from basically 1600-3000 rpm? I've read several posts that say they keep the high rpm misfire detection but disable the low and mid tables. If you take this approach on a '98 A4 you effectively disable all misfire detection. Is the 98 computer so slow that the misfire detection is invalid above 3000 rpm?
    What am I missing?