Thread: Engine Cuts Out and Locks ETC

Potential Tuner

Engine Cuts Out and Locks ETC

I'm struggling with my engine cutting out at higher rpm and higher throttle position. It then locks the throttle blade position at ~20%. I'm required to disconnect battery power to reset the ECU in order to go back to normal operation. I have looked through the parameters multiple times and can't figure out what could be causing this. The exact RPM is cuts out at varies depending on throttle postion...usually between 4500-5250rpm. The rev limits are set at 6,600rpm...but maybe I'm missing some other limits? Injectory duty cycle/pulse width? Any thoughts on what could cause this?

The engine is out of an '06 5.3L out of silverado and installed into an '85 Monte Carlo with a T56. It has the electronic throttle body. The only thing that changed on the engine is added a larger cam (228/230, 112, 0.590") and related valvetrain upgrades. I can provide any other details as necessary.

I have attached the tune and a log file for reference. Look at time 12:38 for the cut out event and throttle lock down.

I really appreciate the help. This problem is driving me crazy!
    Attached Files Attached Files