Thread: What do these two tables do?

Senior Tuner

What do these two tables do?

Ford being new to me don't know what these table do. I'm wanting to add fuel. Which or do both of these table need to be changed?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    The MAF v Period is the table used to calibrate MAF sensor. Increasing the numbers in the right column will add fuel at the corresponding period of the left column.

I have no idea what the Airflow v voltage is used for.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    The MAF v Period is the table used to calibrate MAF sensor. Increasing the numbers in the right column will add fuel at the corresponding period of the left column.

I have no idea what the Airflow v voltage is used for.
    Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

They both do the same thing but only one table is in use and which table depends on the status of the MAF type selected. Analog uses the voltage table, digital uses the hertz/period table.

Senior Tuner
    Appears from my tune to make richer I need to increase the MAF vs. Period table. I suppose you could increase both if only one does anything and it wouldn't hurt anything??? I downloaded this tune in 2.25. Would not work with 2.24. It's a 2013 GT500.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    only use MAF vr Period

which you following your MAF hz/or period in your log and correct in that table to get desires/targeted AFR
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Thanks guys for the help!

does adjusting the maf lbs effect the load? what effect does the opposite side have, the periods? how should that side be done? working w a twin turbo car w id1000s and 3.5 intake tube w maf close to stock length from the intake and a 3.5 pipe is close to the oe maf tube size so I was thinking it should be fine but the ltft and stft show -25 at idle and -15 at part throttle. I used the id spreadsheet for 55psi return system, that's what the car has. is adjusting the maf period needed or only the maf lbs? and if the id of the tube is near factory so shouldn't the maf frequency be left alone?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Advanced Tuner
    The period is simply the measurement that the PCM uses as a lookup for the lbs measurement. It's adjustable so that you can tailor fit the curve to what your tune needs. Need more resolution in part throttle/cruise areas? Adjust the period side to get more adjustable points in that range. Just remember that if you move/change the period values you will need to change the lb values as well.

If you look at the MAF curve.. changes to the lbs column move the point/line up and down. Changes to the period column move the point/line left or right.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    does adjusting the maf lbs effect the load? what effect does the opposite side have, the periods? how should that side be done? working w a twin turbo car w id1000s and 3.5 intake tube w maf close to stock length from the intake and a 3.5 pipe is close to the oe maf tube size so I was thinking it should be fine but the ltft and stft show -25 at idle and -15 at part throttle. I used the id spreadsheet for 55psi return system, that's what the car has. is adjusting the maf period needed or only the maf lbs? and if the id of the tube is near factory so shouldn't the maf frequency be left alone?
    Here's a Good Histogram configuration for 2.24 mustang2015_Good_File.cfg i'm using on a 14 turbo coyote right now to dial in the MAF..I'm running a similar maf housing as you.. open the configuration in 2.24 then open the histogram chart and 7 is for short term and 10 is long term..red is add fuel,blue is pull fuel by the percentage in each table to the correlating period in your maf table..But make sure the period in the histogram matches your period axis in the tune..

Senior Tuner
    What channel do we log to read the Period value? Mass Air Flow is logged but no channel for Period to match.