Thread: Shift light activation for a swapped LQ4?

Tuner in Training

Shift light activation for a swapped LQ4?

I was trying to find a pin location for a shift light activation circuit on a truck PCM (Green and Blue connectors). I see in the HPT software that there is a field for this, and that its a PCM controlled ground circuit, but I have no idea which pin corresponds to that circuit. I realize that the trucks didn't have such a thing (to my knowledge anyway) from the factory, but assumed that if the field exists in HPT then it could be utilized. Any help or suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    OK, I was told that pin 47 on the green connector can be used for this. Its the 1-2 shift solenoid normally, but that doesn't matter in my application. When activating that circuit with the VCM scanner I can make the shift light operate, but now the question is how to configure the tune to make this operate properly during driving. I'm going to continue playing with it, but can anyone shorten my path?

your best bet is to buy a rpm activated shift light like from MSD or Autometer or something like that and just tap into a tach signal from the pcm.
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I am not ruling that option out, but I'm not giving up on it yet.