Thread: stock camaro ls3 tune vs gm crate motor

Tuner in Training

stock camaro ls3 tune vs gm crate motor

Id like to compare a stock camaro ls3 tune vs a crate ls3 tune. I had the chance today to copy the tune on a gmpp crate ls3. I see it has much more timing in mid range vs my L99 camaro motor and less timing retard for iat. Im curious if this is how all ls3s are or if its because its not in a car with a warranty/emissions. Can somone post a stock tune for a camaro ls3 or maybe just the IAT table and High octane table. I will post any of the crate motor tune stuff if anyone wants, thanks, Smitty

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyseng View Post
    Id like to compare a stock camaro ls3 tune vs a crate ls3 tune. I had the chance today to copy the tune on a gmpp crate ls3. I see it has much more timing in mid range vs my L99 camaro motor and less timing retard for iat. Im curious if this is how all ls3s are or if its because its not in a car with a warranty/emissions. Can somone post a stock tune for a camaro ls3 or maybe just the IAT table and High octane table. I will post any of the crate motor tune stuff if anyone wants, thanks, Smitty
    There are several in the repository.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, ill have yo find that!

do you have that stock crate motor tune file you can post please?? I'm looking to compare my ls3 to a crate ls3 setup and see any differences..

Thank you!
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

here is a 2010 stock tune and then where he is at now w/ an intake and headers. he never drives the damn thing and doesn't want to leave it w/ me to tweak farther.
    tomorrow is long tubes on a 2011? w magnuson supercharger.
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry vette tweaked3 was a spark tuning cal oops. high and low octane are vette tables i believe. high octane should be higher than vette stock but low is vette low. the ls3 has a decent amount of room for improvement. the vette version seems to have a lot more spark and definitely more power in a lighter car.
    Last edited by Howes; 10-13-2015 at 08:35 PM.