Thread: Reading Log

Advanced Tuner

Reading Log

I'm still using Livelink to log and I did a couple of WOT logs tonight to start dialing in the MAF and spark tables. I understand enough to log and adjust the MAF and also to adjust OP timing table where the KS adds timing, but I had 1 degree of timing pulled by the KS as soon as I went WOT, then it started adding timing immediately after that.

The log is a WOT in 3rd all the way to limiter and a WOT in 4th all the way until I chickened out LOL.

I noticed a dip in the load and MAF frequency at the same spot at the bottom of the curve.

Can you guys take a look and see if anything stands out or looks off?

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=...AV4bpEvHiDdHRU

I couldn't upload the log, so use the link above.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    look into transitions

Gain on Accel

also change fuel enrichment vs Pedal

bring the TPS numbers down

rpm tps
    500 70
    1000 60
    2000 50
    3000 40
    4000 30
    5000 30
    6000 30
    7000 30
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 04-29-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Hassan! Looking at Gain on Accel tables, do larger numbers increase fuel?

Try increasing WOT enrichment rate from .250 to .500.

Timing has a weird dip at 5500rpm, seems unusual for a PD blower.

I think your upshift torque reduction is stock. You can raise the cells in the high turbine torque rows to prevent torque management on WOT shifts. I've always preferred 2nd gear converter lockup at WOT too.

Advanced Tuner
    Will the torque reduction come into play when I'm in S mode? I ran it in third to the rev limiter, I did not shift.
    I can't go WOT in second. It will break loose and never hook.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 04-29-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Its only in effect during the shift.

Advanced Tuner
    What else might cause the timing dip at 5500?
    Last edited by txcharlie; 04-30-2015 at 12:40 AM.

I'm not entirely sure. It may be the Cylinder Pressure tables.

I also noticed you have a global spark adder in there. That's generally a bad idea.
    Last edited by Witt; 04-30-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I was told it's OK to use global spark only when switching from 93 to e85.

I added 2* to cylinder pressure limit and will test again.

Advanced Tuner
    I set global spark to 0 and set spark tables back to stock and was still getting up to 4* of knock on tip in. I was 2-3% lean and getting the knock and was 1-2% rich and getting knock. I have no idea what was happening so I started a new tune, added 2* in OP and zero knock. KS is adding up to 8* at some points.

Tuner in Training
    I looked at your log in live link. Could not actually find the 1 degree of timing being pulled. Your STFT tables showed the system was adding a little fuel. If you look at your load and lambse you will see that at up to 1.45 load your still at 1.00 hence the transition tables. This may be the reason for your tip in knock. You also have your your advance limit table adding up to 8 degree at 3500 rpm, thats a lot of advance, why not set your optimum power base table a closer to what you desire and limit the computer added advance to 1-2 degrees. Using the global multiplier just adds in one more variable in the advance, why not make it simpler for yourself and it will be easier to dial out the tip in knock and any other timing variances you are seeing. I did not see a "strange" timing dip at 5500, you have your base table set at 7.5 at 5K add of 3 degrees then add 2 in on the global. I wish I was more familiar with E85 tables, but I would think your base spark is way low and the computer is adding in a bunch all the time which is also time based, so it makes it harder to pinpoint issues. Try taking more control by setting the table where you want it and minimize the adders or even eliminate them until your base table is accurate, then you can add a degree or two in the knock advance limit once you have set the table accurately.

Advanced Tuner
    Knock happened at 650sec. You can also see a dip in the load at the same spot. It looks like the dip in load may be from the KS pulling timing, but that happens every time I go WOT. You can see it happened at 608 and 611. That was my 3rd gear WOT but it lost traction and I had to let off and got back into it.
    I see what you are talking about where the load is high and Lambda is still at 1.
    My timing tables are from the Roush strategy that my car came with. I added the spark timing in the global because I was told that was a good way to add timing when switching to e85 and only when going to e85.

Tuner in Training
    The global add may be a good way to add timing when making a switch from 93 to E-85 with everything else being equal except the added fuel of course. The base Roush tune timing tables are probably not designed for the loads you are at and the timing is ultra conservative in the base table with a pretty aggressive knock advance strategy. You would be better off with a more accurate base optimum power table and a less aggressive knock advance table. You will just have build the table, log and see if you get any knock. I attached my tune to give a an idea, look at the optimum power spark table and the knock advance table. Keep in mind I am on 93 octane and 7lbs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Another thing i noticed is my stock 2014 tune has a manifold volume of 11.10, my base tvs2300 tune was 12.90, yours is 11.5. I looked through the Roush tunes and they are all much lower than the other TVS 2300 tunes I have seen. This setting affects transient fueling, but I am not sure exactly how, maybe someone can chime in as to how and why the Roush tunes are so much lower? This might be of help to your wot tip-in knock. The cylinder pressure tables on the Roush tune are also quite different from the other tvs tunes.

Advanced Tuner
    My theory was to add spark where the KS added, instead of added timing to the entire table.

I noticed the difference in the manifold volumes on some tunes. The 2013 GT500 has a volume of 16.83. I know it's not a Roush, but I thought they would be close since they are both 2.3L.

Tuner in Training
    We differ in opinion on the theory of the added spark, what is the ramp in time on the knock advance? In the end it may be a wash. The 2013 GT500 is also a larger CI motor as well. Ive seen several of the 2.3l tunes and they seem to hover in the 13 range. The Roush tune definitely has some different base reference points than most of the others. Overall how does the car drive?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm still learning the right/best way to do things.

I didn't know manifold volume is effected by the engine size. I think I should try a different manifold volume value and see how it effects the tune.

It drives ok, but I need to tune the MAF again. I do have a bit of idle hunt with the AC on. I've added some timing to the idle tables but haven't tested it yet.