Thread: 2 bar OS, 1 bar MAP sensor?

Advanced Tuner

2 bar OS, 1 bar MAP sensor?

Good morning,

Im in a bit of a dilemma. I just had a rebuilt trans installed, 3000 stall converter and a cooler. The I would like to convert to the 2 bar OS so that I can install either a 160 degree or 180 degree thermostat and lower my fan turn-on temps. The trans is running a bit warm due to the converter. If I copy the MAP Linear and offset values from the 1bar file to the 2bar file and scale the VE-MAP Axis Xref table, will the car run this way. Im currently running MAF only so the ECM wouldnt be referring to the VE table anyway. The cam will be swapped out soon so eventually, I will need to run VE.

Im attaching the file. Please take a look and tell me if this looks correct.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Some of the os' allow you to rescale the map axis on the VE table. So yes your idea could work.

is there not an enhanced 1bar os for your application?
    Last edited by PST; 04-25-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    Some of the os' allow you to rescale the map axis on the VE table. So yes your idea could work.

is there not an enhanced 1bar os for your application?
    Nope. I have a 2009 G8 GT. The 1 bar enhanced OS is not available. Just the 2 bar. I scaled the map axis in the file I posted. 100 kpa max since the car is NA. Is the way I scaled it correct? 15-100 KPA and interpolated?

Thanks again!

Advanced Tuner
    Basically yes, but I would go to 105kpa.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    Basically yes, but I would go to 105kpa.
    Ok. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Yep that gives you a high resolution VE table. I always try to keep the breakpoints an even number like 2.5kpa or 5kpa intervals so that it's easier to setup the scanner for the custom axis.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Good morning,

Im in a bit of a dilemma. I just had a rebuilt trans installed, 3000 stall converter and a cooler. The I would like to convert to the 2 bar OS so that I can install either a 160 degree or 180 degree thermostat and lower my fan turn-on temps. The trans is running a bit warm due to the converter. If I copy the MAP Linear and offset values from the 1bar file to the 2bar file and scale the VE-MAP Axis Xref table, will the car run this way. Im currently running MAF only so the ECM wouldnt be referring to the VE table anyway. The cam will be swapped out soon so eventually, I will need to run VE.

Im attaching the file. Please take a look and tell me if this looks correct.

Thanks!
    Yes the car will run fine that way. You will not be able to use the boost VE table, obviously, but otherwise you'll be fine.

You can run the MAF too, no problem.

MAKE SURE you fix the MAP sensor settings after you upgrade the OS. On mine it tried to change the MAP sensor settings to some other sensor (not the one I had).. so watch out for that
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    MAKE SURE you fix the MAP sensor settings after you upgrade the OS. On mine it tried to change the MAP sensor settings to some other sensor (not the one I had).. so watch out for that
    LOL! Yeah... I found out the hard way. LOL. I thought I broke it. LOL