Thread: Shocking............

Shocking............

the number and severity of things NOT to do in this calibration.

Data:
    2009 A6 Vette
    BTR 229/244 .615"/.595" 113+4 camshaft installed but not degree'd.
    LT's, catless, stock mufflers fixed in the open position.
    Halltech bridge.

Now had this happened to be a novice who purchased a cable and began trying to recalibrate his own vehicle that would be fine. However this work of abstract art was presented to a consumer as a quality, professionally performed service. Funny thing is he was told his car was out of injector and he would have to upgrade them to proceed TOONING.

Arrival_Both.hpt

At 12.7 AFR max duty cycle of the stock injectors is 71%.
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE

Advanced Tuner
    As a novice myself I would love to learn from this. Could you give a little info about what to look for that's out of whack in here? Of hate to have already made the same mistakes and not know it.

Granted my questions come before I've had a chance to look at the tune since I'm on my phone right now but I'm sure more noobs would appreciate what to look for.

Thanks for sharing regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    the number and severity of things NOT to do in this calibration.

Data:
    2009 A6 Vette
    BTR 229/244 .615"/.595" 113+4 camshaft installed but not degree'd.
    LT's, catless, stock mufflers fixed in the open position.
    Halltech bridge.

Now had this happened to be a novice who purchased a cable and began trying to recalibrate his own vehicle that would be fine. However this work of abstract art was presented to a consumer as a quality, professionally performed service. Funny thing is he was told his car was out of injector and he would have to upgrade them to proceed TOONING.

Arrival_Both.hpt

At 12.7 AFR max duty cycle of the stock injectors is 71%.
    What version are you using? I can't open the tune with 2.24.1111
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    Thought I had been kicked out of being able to view tunes or something. I couldn't open it either... Maybe you could just explain what's been done.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Have to open it with Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Have to open it with Beta
    Correct, open it with the current BETA.

Mainly the 9.92 PE AFR and also the 20% added to the MAF. Resulting in a 8.27 AFR in PE above 5,750 RPM.

I guess the moral to the story is: don't go tell someone they need to buy injectors and fuel system stuff when you really have no idea what in the hell you are doing.

Should I have started tuning this car from scratch without a wideband I would have ended up with a 12.35 metered AFR while commanding 12.7 which is where it was at on the first pull with my initial "off the dyno" tune file. Fine tuning on the dyno netted an additional 11hp. Yes I have done enough of them to hit them pretty close on the initial flash but I would never go commanding huge tons of fuel going off of narrow band O2s. That's just stupid.
    Last edited by APS; 04-26-2015 at 08:04 PM.
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE