Thread: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE Fuel cut-out issues due to tire size on rear??

Tuner

2014 Camaro SS 1LE Fuel cut-out issues due to tire size on rear??

Well, as it says.. Fuel cuts apparently due to One tire size larger on the rear. 2nd gear cuts at 6400 and 3rd cuts at 6000. Fuel cuts out because of stabilitrak, dealership says it's from the staggered tires. Car has ported heads, a cam and titanium valve springs to rev to 6700. Is there any solution in HpTuners to resolve this issue? Car is currently dyno tuned by another shop (500 miles away), and it's not my car.. it's a buddy of mine. A couple of credits could resolve the issue, if there's a solution here so I thought I'd ask. Dealership is saying it's the Abs detecting different speeds between front and rear wheels ie. 160 km/hr front and 163 km/hr rear so stabilitrak activates and cuts fuel. This was shown to him at the dealership.
    Help Plz! I want to help him out if I can before he goes and buys more new tires lol.
    Any help or input is appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes - tire size can be altered.

Tire_Calc.jpg

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedforhire View Post
    Yes - tire size can be altered.

Tire_Calc.jpg

But it's a different size on front/back and the ecm is having a conflict with different tire rotation speeds between front and rear is what I was saying. I see your screenshot allows changes, but not from front to rear; just all four which if he had equal size tires all around, he wouldn't have this problem. They're staggered. I haven't actually "read" the Ecm yet. This happened this past Sunday and he's since took it to the dealer to find out what the problem was. Their diagnosis was the mismatched tire sizes from front to rear causing a different speed reading between the front to rear to shutdown fuel (Stabilitrak).

I figured maybe I didn't explain it well. I just wanted to see if there was anything we could do in the Ecm or not for a "quick and painless" fix because tires are almost $500/wheel.. even if he paid to pay 2 credits for a tune update, it's a tenth of what he will be paying.

Perhaps I was wrong, but my C6 has mixed-match wheels also............18" front, 19" rear. You can adjust wheel speed limit, VSS Tire Revs per, etc.,......which may help also.

Speedometer.jpg

I owe you a beer.

Tuner
    Interesting.. Well.. gonna meet up with him and the other local guy and see what we can do.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolf View Post
    Interesting.. Well.. gonna meet up with him and the other local guy and see what we can do.

No go.. different tables from what you're showing... can't adjust front and rear sensors, there's only one. Sucks.. however, the car threw a CeL while we were there complaining about VSS so we disabled it.. hopefully that'll work; otherwise, he's buying new tires Lol

Senior Tuner
    my car comes with different front to rear tyre size and all u need to do is change the error value to account for the difference in turns per km/mile, or if u dont have tyre error then the "distance error" at the same percentage the tyres are different to front

Senior Tuner
    Post the tune file. Disabling the code for the VSS isn't a solution.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Post the tune file. Disabling the code for the VSS isn't a solution.
    I agree............it's perhaps one of the most damaging things to do as so many tables rely on VSS.

Tuner
    Ok.. will do once he gets back from vacation.. car's a thousand miles away.. the tune file is on the other guy's computer since he's "the tuner" around here. I'll read it when he gets back and post it.