Thread: Anyone ever logged launch control?

Anyone ever logged launch control?

Just wondering if anyone here has logged the factory manual trans launch control in action on an LS3 Corvette or Camaro. I know the theory of the system as far as the wheel speeds go and modules involved, but I'd like to know what exactly the ECM alters on the fly when the system is active. Spark? ETC? Fuel? Or maybe a combination of the above? The reason I ask is that I'd like to be able to use it on my supercharged Grand Sport, but I can't find much info on how it works.

I'd just log it myself, but I have a meth injection system that makes me a little nervous to do so. I have fuel cut-off disabled for my regular rev limiter, but I have no idea if the launch control works the same way. I used it a few times when the car was nearly stock. Guess I should have logged it then, but I didn't.

Thoughts, anyone?

Senior Tuner
    I know that the stock tune in my LS3 SS was allowed to cut spark and throttle based on requests from the TC system...which is I believe how launch control works with the PCM...via the TC system. It wasn't allowed to cut fuel.

I also found that even when the car was stock, the launch control was truly useless. It's cool as a novelty I guess to impress people because you can stand on both pedals and watch the PCM hold the engine at RPM smoothly...but once you try launching, it fails LOL.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Thanks. Mine is the same way as far as the TC settings. Only spark and ETC were active from the factory. I'm thinking you're probably right in that it would use that for the launch control.

And I'll agree that the system didn't seem to work all that well the times I used it. Never really tested in under good conditions, though. Still, I'd like it be a useable option if I ever want to use it. Maybe I should turn the meth system off, make a few tweaks to fuel and spark, and give it a go while logging. I guess that should really answer my questions.