Thread: C5 LS2 Swap Idle Hanging / Poor Throttle Response ... Logs/ Tune Inside

C5 LS2 Swap Idle Hanging / Poor Throttle Response ... Logs/ Tune Inside

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my logs/ tune and see if there is anything I can mess with to try and cure my hanging idle. It seems to be worse when the motor is hot? Throttle response, I think, could be better as well. The car was tuned by a very reputable shop, and other than the hanging idle and less than desirable throttle response, it runs like a scalded ape. Made 471/442 on a Mustang dyno. The car was tuned on TR55's gapped to .055" (I didn't know any better). I have tried a bunch of plugs in the car, and the colder plugs (TR6) make the throttle response worse and makes it buck in 6th.

Basic combo:

LS2 shortblock
    TEA 2.5, Fel Pro .041", milled to 64cc, 11.6:1 SCR
    BTR # 2 Cam
    Fast 92/ LS2 tb
    LG 1 3/4
    NGK TR5IX (.040" gap)

Logs:
    4-23-15.hpl
    4-23-15#2.hpl

Tune:
    Tune File.hpt
    77 C10 - 416 6L90e Swap

Anyone have any input?
    77 C10 - 416 6L90e Swap

Quote Originally Posted by lxcoupe View Post
    Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my logs/ tune and see if there is anything I can mess with to try and cure my hanging idle. It seems to be worse when the motor is hot? Throttle response, I think, could be better as well. The car was tuned by a very reputable shop, and other than the hanging idle and less than desirable throttle response, it runs like a scalded ape. Made 471/442 on a Mustang dyno. The car was tuned on TR55's gapped to .055" (I didn't know any better). I have tried a bunch of plugs in the car, and the colder plugs (TR6) make the throttle response worse and makes it buck in 6th.

Basic combo:

LS2 shortblock
    TEA 2.5, Fel Pro .041", milled to 64cc, 11.6:1 SCR
    BTR # 2 Cam
    Fast 92/ LS2 tb
    LG 1 3/4
    NGK TR5IX (.040" gap)

Logs:
    4-23-15.hpl
    4-23-15#2.hpl

Tune:
    Tune File.hpt
    There's not a lot to go on with those logs.. there's not much being recorded.

I'm not very familiar with the gen 3 computers, but I noticed your idle airflow is way above mine (like double) and mine is dragging a supercharger at idle too. You also have a bunch more idle timing than me. See if you can add some PID's that have to do with idle timing advance/retard to see what's going on. I'm not sure exactly what they will be called on yours

That may be normal for Gen 3's, I don't know, but that's the first things that stand out to me

What year is the car/what computer is being used??
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock