Thread: 2002 5.3 3 Bar MAP?

Advanced Tuner

2002 5.3 3 Bar MAP?

Is anyone running a 3 bar on stock 2002 5.3 ECU? I am wanting to run 20 psi then possible raise it up to 25-30psi(depends on the power it makes and the times it runs). I see that the 3 Bar MAP sensor OS is not available for this ECU. So just looking for some pointers or advice on what some other people have done on their setups. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Is anyone running a 3 bar on stock 2002 5.3 ECU? I am wanting to run 20 psi then possible raise it up to 25-30psi(depends on the power it makes and the times it runs). I see that the 3 Bar MAP sensor OS is not available for this ECU. So just looking for some pointers or advice on what some other people have done on their setups. Thank you very much.
    a 3 bar upgrade is possible with that ECM, you just got unlucky and happen to have one of the few OS that wont support 3 bar. search the repository for other files of the same year, you can find one that works. i just ran into this on a tune i did for a buddy.

i did the tune on the 5.3 swap in his c10. then he went turbo and 3 bar. well the first file we used first go around didn't support a 3bar OS, found a stock file in the repository that did, licensed it and went on our way to tuning.

we started with a 2002 tahoe tune, because that's what the PCM/engine was from. I ended up with 2001 silverado tune, cant remember the OS # off the top of my head but its a popular one.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome, the PCM that I have is also from a 2002 Tahoe. Thank you for the help.