Thread: vehicle will occasionally die at parking lot speeds

vehicle will occasionally die at parking lot speeds

Vehicle is a 2014 Raptor with D1SC and Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tubes with Cats. The only mechanical difference between the two tunes is Long Tube Headers. The original tune is when the vehicle had factory manifolds. The vehicle did not have this problem before. What did I change that would now make the vehicle occasionally die around 5mph when coming to a stop?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Your 02 transport delay is unchanged between the two tunes. Generally the O2 location is moved further downstream with long tubes and the there must be changes made in the tune to compensate for it. Look at engine>fuel>Open & Closed Loop>Transport Delay. I don't have headers on my car, but I'll fish around and see what I can find, I think people start by adding 25%, but hopefully someone who has done long tubes on one of these can chime in. Pull a log too so people can see whats happening at the time of stall if possible.

Tuner in Training
    Your long term fuel trims were also disabled in your "original" tune. They are enabled in your "dyno" tune. What are are they at idle?

Tuner in Training
    If it were my truck and I wanted to play with this I would try this:

1. set idle rpm to 850
    2. engine>fuel>open&closed loop>load minimum set to .05
    3. engine>fuel>open&closed loop>time minimum set to 0
    4. engine>fuel>open&closed loop>seconds maximum set to 2
    5. engine>fuel>ope &closed loop > transport delay multiply the whole table by 1.35

Tuner
    Gonna try this out in my 5.0 Mustang.. I'm stalling and can't seem to find why, but it's swinging rich before it does it. Hopefully this works....

Tuner
    No luck for me.. also found my Maf sensor had lost a screw so fixed that up, but still doing it.... /banging my head

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    increase your duty cycle as well. and make sure your Long Term Fuel trims are close to 1 at idle and part throttle
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161