Thread: Bluecat Has a Mind of It's Own

Bluecat Has a Mind of It's Own

I just started using bluecat to tune my 2007 z06. I've made a lot of progress by starting with one of the LS7 sample VE tables and doing a couple rounds of adjustments. I'm definitely in the ballpark now, but am seeing something that concerns me. If I import my new VE table into my tune and then immediately re-export it I do not get the same values back out. For the most part the numbers are around 1% off, but some areas are as high as 10%. It's also adding some strange contours that I didn't have in certain areas. What the heck is going on? I have auto zone boundaries deselected.

Another issue I think I'm having is that my cam is so big that I need a really sharp transition from low VE values around idle. It seems that bluecat averages out my changes, which means my adjustments around idle aren't responding very well (still rich). I'm not sure if it'll ever let me create the VE table my car needs..... I read on a bluecat thread that this is not unusual, but how the heck am I supposed to work around this? It's pretty important that the table is dialed in around idle.
    Last edited by rio95; 04-22-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Do you have the tables set to max resolution, with regards to decimal places? Prior to exporting it is strongly recommended to increase the decimal places to the max for every table.

Hey look who it is! One of the reasons I'm tuning my car is due to the intake I bought from ya.

Yes I'm using max decimal places.

The only thing I'm wondering is maybe the ve table isn't smooth enough yet for it to calculate the coefficients consistently. It's not too bad though. I was going to post an excel file of it but couldn't figure out how to do that....

jagged.JPG

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. I had a nice smooth VE table in Bluecat this time and then imported it into Hptuners. Then I re-exported it and got the follow picture. Why is it creating these jagged transitions? I don't see how I'm supposed to dial this thing in.....

Senior Tuner
    I see the same thing. There is something off and it's been like this the whole time (almost two years). Just goes to show...close enough generally works because the MAF helps keep it running.

Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    I see the same thing. There is something off and it's been like this the whole time (almost two years). Just goes to show...close enough generally works because the MAF helps keep it running.

Good to know this might be normal. I just feel like I'm chasing my trail, but like you said it's probably good enough. I mean when I started it wasn't even close. I'm talking like 50% off around idle! Plus maf is used up top where I'm having most of these translation issues.