Thread: P0606 11 Camaro LS3

Potential Tuner

P0606 11 Camaro LS3

I know this topic has been discussed some. I'm knew to the forum and new the the hp tuner. My 2011 Camaro sets the P0606 code and is going into Reduced power mode after flashing a tune from the repository. I'm looking for some suggestions on how to remedy this, or suggestions on a better tune. Also good details would be helpful as I'm still relatively new to the software.

try changing your Desired Throttle Area tables back to stock. in my experience ive seen that code pop up when those tables are modified.

Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    try changing your Desired Throttle Area tables back to stock. in my experience ive seen that code pop up when those tables are modified.
    There is a scanner PID called P0606 reason. Can you scan it and see what it shows?

Senior Tuner
    Flashing a tune from the repository is just dumb.

Potential Tuner
    So I tried putting the stock tune back in the car. Still getting the P0606. I'm not sure how to run that Pip.

Potential Tuner
    Btw took the car to work flashed it with the o/e tune with the mdi and did an update for the ebcm. So far there's no dtc and no reduced power.

Tuner
    You shouldn't have flashed the entire tune to your pcm..

1) it cost you 2 credits to license your pcm

2) it cost you 2 more credits to license the tune you downloaded..

3) never mind the 606 code, you have no idea if that tune 'fit' your vehicle.. was it the same year,engine,gear ratio,transmission???? Also exhaust mods,cold air intake?,cam? etc..

4 credits is too much, should have only been 2..

You should instead open up your tune in the editor and then open up the other tune you downloaded using open compare file.. Now you can view the comparison log and see what is different between the tune.. you can copy and paste entire tables, or just bits and pieces, you can see how others have tuned and modified their own tune and you can get a feel for what your trying to accomplish with yours..

The other thing to mention is that depending on your vehicle(mine is a 2013) you may find LOTS of add tables for spark and fuel.. You can't just go by the High octane spark table and think that's all the advance your seeing.. You need to look at all the other tables combined, logging helps a LOT..

Good luck and welcome, I only broke down and bought my own about a month ago, still a newbie here myself... Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Flashing a tune from the repository is just dumb.
    I really need a like button on this post. LOL
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE