Thread: 2015 Mustang GT..

2015 Mustang GT..

So I just joined, I have a base 2015 GT Performance Pack car and currently run a aftermarket tune with an SCT X4. Seems like all the tuners out there including Lund are having problems with the torque management making the cars have a hanging rpm after shifting issue with some aftermarket tunes. I use a different tuner and my tune does the same thing and no one has been able to fix it yet. I was talking to a friend and he brought HP Tuners, and just so happens I have another local friend that has been playing HP Tuners for quite a while ... mostly for GM applications but was starting to mess around with Mustang GT's and Ecoboost F150's. We were starting to do mess around with my F150 last year but something was wrong with the software and we couldn't get the tunes from the truck...anyways, I don't have the truck now and I think I kind of want to try the HP tuners software and learn how to do my own tunes maybe. My car just has a CAI and cat back exhaust on it for now with a 91 oct tune, but I am picking up LT's and plan on running E85. Has any software been released for the 2015 Mustang GT's yet and if so what kind of prices would I be looking at to get the car running on HP Tuners? Is there a decent base tune or would I be doing all that myself? Sorry for the newb/dumbass questions before 10am on a Wednesday morning lol.
    Last edited by RSKtakR; 06-02-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSKtakR View Post
    So I just joined, I have a base 2015 GT Performance Pack car and currently run a aftermarket tune with an SCT X4. Seems like all the tuners out there including Lund are having problems with the torque management making the cars have a hanging rpm after shifting issue with some aftermarket tunes. I use a different tuner and my tune does the same thing and no one has been able to fix it yet. I was talking to a friend and he brought HP Tuners, and just so happens I have another local friend that has been playing HP Tuners for quite a while ... mostly for GM applications but was starting to mess around with Mustang GT's and Ecoboost F150's. We were starting to do mess around with my F150 last year but something was wrong with the software and we couldn't get the tunes from the truck...anyways, I don't have the truck now and I think I kind of want to try the HP tuners software and learn how to do my own tunes maybe. My car just has a CAI and cat back exhaust on it for now with a 91 oct tune, but I am picking up LT's and a eliminating my cats, and plan on running E85 then throw a blower on next year. Has any software been released for the 2015 Mustang GT's yet and if so what kind of prices would I be looking at to get the car running on HP Tuners? Is there a decent base tune or would I be doing all that myself? Sorry for the newb/dumbass questions before 10am on a Wednesday morning lol.
    This is redline from kcsr. Eric can get you hooked up which I ordered my stuff from his website http://www.brooksspeed.com/hp-tuners-vcm-suite/

You can either read out your stock tune and make adjustments from scratch or he can make you a base tune to get started from.

So his tune would be unlocked or whatever so that I can make changes to it?

Tuner
    So his tune would be unlocked or whatever so that I can make changes to it?
    You can talk with him to be sure, but I have never heard of him locking his tunes, especially a base tune.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Well I sold my SCT X4 this morning and went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought a used HPTuners VCM kit from Torrie at Unleashed tuning. He is including my first tune for me (only mods are K&N drop in filter and AIRAID CAI tube for 91 oct), and then when I get LT's on he will change the tune at no charge. I'm excited to start having control over my own tunes and making the changes etc but a little worried at the same time lol. Future go fast mods are just the LT's, Boss intake manifold, E85 and maybe a shot of nitrous. Any suggestions or things I should know? I'm fairly computer literate, just more worried about learning ALLLLLLLL the parameters and possibilities with the program. Any known problems I should keep any eye out for? The problem I currently have with the SCT is hanging revs after shifting, it drives me BATSHIT crazy! So Im hoping that will be gone, and the car will move out faster too.
    Last edited by RSKtakR; 06-02-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Senior Tuner
    you also have me as a helper if needed there pookie.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    you also have me as a helper if needed there pookie.
    ya I know and I'm planning on that! lol

Advanced Tuner
    Well I sold my SCT X4 this morning and went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought a used HPTuners VCM kit from Torrie at Unleashed tuning. He is including my first tune for me (only mods are K&N drop in filter and AIRAID CAI tube for 91 oct), and then when I get LT's on he will change the tune at no charge. I'm excited to start having control over my own tunes and making the changes etc but a little worried at the same time lol. Future go fast mods are just the LT's, Boss intake manifold, E85 and maybe a shot of nitrous. Any suggestions or things I should know? I'm fairly computer literate, just more worried about learning ALLLLLLLL the parameters and possibilities with the program. Any known problems I should keep any eye out for? The problem I currently have with the SCT is hanging revs after shifting, it drives me BATSHIT crazy! So Im hoping that will be gone, and the car will move out faster too.
    Sounds like a good deal. I am a dealer for SCT, and yet I still prefer HP Tuners anyhow.