Thread: convert from 2bar back to maf

convert from 2bar back to maf

question Whats best way or way to convert back a car 2010 Camaro gen 5, but not having the original, Cars file, From a 2 bar setup back to Maf ?

Second question the Beta software does it allow to just write the engine side and no Trans ?
    Tuner 1 day

Advanced Tuner
    The software always reads and writes both engine and trans. But if you don't change anything in the editor, no changes will be made to the programming.

PST have you done any conversion back from a 2 bar back to MAF on a gen 5 with out having the original, file ? Cause one of my thoughts was to just load in a 2010 file for car do vin swap, but worried about it writing the trans file and then not being married to each other and messing up file if that makes sense
    Tuner 1 day

Advanced Tuner
    I've never done that. But, the most surefire way would be to have someone with the gm tools reflash it back to stock.
    With that said, I don't think the TCM needs to be 'married' to the ECM, just be compatable with regard to OS. So that part wouldn't concern me as much as using the wrong file from the repository. Maybe someone else can chime in on the safety of such an endeavor. Only thing I know for fact with that idea is that it will cost you credits to license the file from the repository.