Was doing some logging this morning as we are heading into hot season in SWFL. I recently reworked my spark table after doing plugs, wires, cap, rotor and then later multiple radiator flushes as it was time and I did have some ping. It was audible ping on accel and cruise.

So I'm driving to work today and am seeing huge numbers in knock retard, 3-6 degrees. But they are occurring all over the place, accel, coast, idle. Did a WOT run from the stop light and no KR, also throttled up while at cruise which had KR at times and not at others.

I'm not hearing any knock or ping which I would expect with these KR numbers and like I said before prior to all the work I could hear the popcorn popping at times.

Then I had an idea, I turned off my A/C and could not get any KR under any circumstances. The A/C compressor is new, the system is working nice and cold but when the clutch engages and releases you can really hear it. When the clutch is engaged the compressor is quiet and I don't hear any ping or feel any load on the motor.

I recall that I do have the knock sensors dialed down in my tune and the retard rate cut in half from factory. Wonder if I need to dial them down some more.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.