Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 LS3 big time bogging on Launch - Throttle cut & large Timing Retard issue

Advanced Tuner
    There's a table that defines the amount of timing burst knock can pull. Set that to zeros to disable it.

I logged Engine Torque and Delivered Engine Torque. In the test they were 214 and 215, then the next time segment 40 and 4, respectively.

I saw in the table Engine > Fuel > Cutoff, DFCO > Misc > Commanded Torque

the values 11 for a lot of the blocks. I changed them to 6,042 and repeated the test a number of times more. The output (for the above) results then would equal each other and no more bog. Hear that, NO MORE BOG! and no more TgMgt triggers.

Last question - are there any detrimental effects that could result in the changing of this table other than grenading any given part of the drivetrain?

Tuner
    I saw in the table Engine > Fuel > Cutoff, DFCO > Misc > Commanded Torque

the values 11 for a lot of the blocks. I changed them to 6,042 and repeated the test a number of times more. The output (for the above) results then would equal each other and no more bog. Hear that, NO MORE BOG! and no more TgMgt triggers.

WOW!!!!! That is NOT what I thought that table did. I have been lurking on this thread because I see the same thing in my car (bog on launch with up to 20 degrees of timing pulled). Once I get the new fuel pump controller installed and tuned I will give this a shot. THANKS FOR POSTING YOUR RESULTS!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    That table is there for torque management and limiters. Better make sure your Rev limit is still working now.

With spark tq mgmt source reporting "launch", go under the spark tab and look at the table labeled launch. It's description says it's for cold start takeoffs.. but, it'd be worth a look.

I have a twin turbo Camaro that puts down 1000rwhp and the table you describe is still stock. I sometimes wish it would bog just to help traction, lol. I still haven't looked at your tune, I will tomorrow morning though, and see if anything stands out.

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting that that helped. That table is stock in my tune also and never had an issue.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Advanced Tuner
    Just looked at your tune... Max out the tables "max "torque" under torque management, and also max torque under traction control. I also have Tip-in Limiting....... ETC limit disabled although I don't think that is the issue. I would also set the "spark minimum-tqmgt" to something reasonable. I use 10 degrees less than my max timing. That's plenty of room.

The table you feel fixed the issue but the real problem may be the limiter is active for some reason. Maybe because max torque is exceeded.

Just some thoughts after comparing to my tune.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000