Thread: 2014 Mustang TVS2300 Torque based decel question

Tuner in Training

2014 Mustang TVS2300 Torque based decel question

I've been working on the tune for my 2014 Mustang with a Magnuson TVS 2300 kit. This is my first coyote and first HPT tune. I have quite of bit of experience tuning my LSX based cars with EFI live, but obviously there are a lot off differences. I have the tune driving very well albeit I have cut some corners for the time being. I wanted to get the fueling, spark, and driveability pretty dialed in before figuring out some of the more experienced aspects of copperhead tuning.

Some notes about the car:
    1. 2014 Mustang GT with Magnuson TVS 2300 kit with 3.9" pulley (about 7lbs boost)
    2. Modified air raid cai with 4" maf tube (maf unfortunately is on the short side of the radius in the tube which makes maf tuning a little harder)
    3. stock throttle body
    4. stock exhaust with kooks cat-back
    5. manual trans, 3.73 gear
    6. stock fuel system with 47lb. injectors

Notes about the tune:
    1. Start up, part throttle, and wot are all pretty much spot on now. No knock, no surging, short term trims are within 3-4%, very smooth and powerful across the board. No surging in cruise control which can be an issue with these.
    2. I played around with the "pedal pos WOT start" a bunch. I finally decided to set it at 150, to most that may seem very low, but the car has responded excellent. The part throttle boost comes in very clean and part throttle is very strong and linear but smooth and manageable. Feels like driving a 514 cubic inch motor which is what I wanted for part throttle. I always liked very "responsive" feeling on tip-in. I have a lot to learn about torque/inverse torque, driver demand, etc but that will come in time.
    3. I used the magnuson tune datalogs as base for a few things, but most of the parameters I changed using my stock tune as a base file.

My last driving "feel"change that I would like to make is how the car decels both when in gear and when depressing the clutch. I would like to have the car decel a little more aggressively and if possible induce some gurgling upon pushing the clutch in, in between gear changes. Some people dont like qurgling and popping on decel but I like some.

Normally to accomplish this I would play around with decel spark, but with these cars are using torque based decel. I have changed both the "decel torque decay" & "decel max rate drive" tables. I have adjusted them up and down around 20% without much change in the feel of the car's decel. My understanding is that the procal/track key cars have pretty aggressive engine braking, etc. Has anyone seen how they are doing that?

Tune is attached for general comments and/or critique.HPT MAGNUSON 3.9 TUNE 4-20-15.hpt

Tuner in Training
    So nobody has commented on this for you?

Tuner
    I haven't tried to give a car an aggressive decel, but playing with the decel spark table and increasing the DFCO RPM enable (under the Fuel tab) to keep the injectors from cutting off would be a good place to start, instead of 1200, try 3-5000 rpm and see how the car responds.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Tuner in Training
    I'll give it a shot, I may have to disable the torque based decel and go to traditional dashpot.

what was the solution?