Thread: Innovate LM2 WBO2 issues

Innovate LM2 WBO2 issues

So I have had the LM2 for about a year now and I'm about to purchase my 3rd O2 sensor. I keep getting a E8 error message, I think it may have to do with the DFCO kicking in and the sensor going real lean when off the gas. I would like to think this was taken into consideration from innovate....But who knows, maybe it's not related but I don't know what would be causing this issue over and over. The innovate staff is no help all they want to do is sell more sensors not fix the issue. So, does anyone or has anyone had this same problem?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    So I have had the LM2 for about a year now and I'm about to purchase my 3rd O2 sensor. I keep getting a E8 error message, I think it may have to do with the DFCO kicking in and the sensor going real lean when off the gas. I would like to think this was taken into consideration from innovate....But who knows, maybe it's not related but I don't know what would be causing this issue over and over. The innovate staff is no help all they want to do is sell more sensors not fix the issue. So, does anyone or has anyone had this same problem?
    I have been using the LM2 for last year or so and have had no issues with DFCO and lean cruise readings with unit. have you recently re-calibrated the new sensor with unit?

Tuning Addict
    Sorry to interupt this thread, but what value are ya'll using in your scanners for the lm2's. I get mine very close, but it seems like it's a little off in the richer areas where it matters the most for boost tuning. Think I'm using volts/.342 or something of that nature if I remember correctly. Did a brief search and came up with all sorts of numbers, so was just wondering.

Also does everyones go to reading way out of the widebands range? Mine goes to reading a 100 afr while sitting with engine off sometimes. Then other times it stops at 22 like it's supposed to? Just started using the LM2 due to my other widebands not holding up. For the most part other than some unusual issues, I'm happy with it. Time will tell I guess.

Thanks for your help and again, sorry for changing the subject.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    I've been using the LC2 for a bit and have noticed two things. One is I killed a LSU sensor very early and was getting a code 8. Talked to innovate and they mentioned that it could have been since I was running a rich AF (12.4) across the board while I was tuning and that much richness all the time could have contributed to the demise of the sensor. Also I've noticed a bit of nonlinear performance where it matches up very good at stoich but can read .2 off at the richer settings when at 11:1. Never had it display anything over 22.1:1.