Thread: 6.0 will not rev off of idle.

Potential Tuner

6.0 will not rev off of idle.

Hey guys..
    So I'm running a stand alone ls engine in a rock bouncer and upon firing the engine it will do nothing but idle. specs are as follows. lq4 with a head and cam package from Texas speed. PRC heads Ls1 cam 228r112ls, Trailblazer ss intake with an Edelbrock 90 mm cable throttle body. 42lb marine 8.1 injectors holly fuel rails with regulator and long tube headers.
    I worked with a professional hp tuner on this and we are both baffled. The motor will idle and do a great job at it. The minute you stab the throttle and acts like a switch has been thrown and the motor will cut out. Let off the throttle and it will stumble back to an idle. Ive checked everything I can think of with this set up. even swapped back to the originally intake and throttle body set up from the truck. Along with the stock rails and regulator but ran the 8.1 injectors. The motor is not loosing spark threw all of this though. I held the wire a short ways away and watched the spark as it cut out. On the dyno we could slightly raise the rpms to 2000 but the minute you roll into it bam it lays down. When i built the motor i replaced every sensor as re assurance and to try and make a complete and fool proof setup.
    Is there something we are missing with the tuning? We are out of ideas and getting very discouraged.

Tuning Addict
    Everybody will need a tune and datalog to see what's going on...

Hope this helps to get things going.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

do you get feedback on the TPS on the scan?

You don't have any fuel. Post your tune. If you are in SD and your VE table is super lean, that's exactly what will happen. Also, if you've swapped injectors without changing the injector data, your tune may be off.