Thread: Possible to tune VE Table from MAF with the 3rd Gen PCM?

Possible to tune VE Table from MAF with the 3rd Gen PCM?

So, I have a formula of IPW*IFR*AFRwb*MAT/MAP as a way to calculate GMVE (which is another calculation: MAT / MAP * CAM * 1000). The issue is, this is all 4th Gen PCM stuff. The 02 PCM in my car can't factor MAT since MAT=IAT+(ECT-IAT)*BIAS and BIAS is not something we can log.

So, is there a way to actually read the MAF to populate the VE table as a sanity check?

Basically, I'm trying to get to Cylinder Air Mass (CAM) where the fueling agrees with the airmass. I want to do that because I have the stock lid and MAF and want to double check it against my fueling parameters to make sure my injector data is good before buying more injectors (there is some question in my mind on whether the offset data is "good").

I know the two ways to calculate CAM from Marcin look like this:

120*MAF/(CYL*RPM)=AFRwb*IFR*IPW

And the third from GMVE: CAM3=GMVE*MAP/TEMP

But again, GMVE is not worth anything to me since I can't log it.

But I can take and log these two: 120*MAF/(CYL*RPM) and AFRwb*IFR*IPW and see what they produce. But it won't actually give me a VE table. But I guess I'd know my fuel injector data is good? I'd actually like to run the tuned MAF for a while to see how it does but want the VE table dialed in behind it using both a MAF way to check against the Wideband O2 SD method (which seems to change everytime I get in the car - I'm sure fueling and temperature have a lot to do with those anomalies).

Any ideas?
    Last edited by JakeFusion; 04-18-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It won't be exact, but you could take the mean of your bias table and use that as your bias in the equation. I would cherry pick the values used to just those around cruise or above. Then you can extrapolate the lower airflow values as necessary.

You could also pick a specific value to use and filter out days that doesn't apply to that bias value.
    Last edited by Eaglegoat; 04-20-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added ideas