Thread: 2015 mustang timing question well a couple

Potential Tuner

2015 mustang timing question well a couple

Let me start by saying im really new at ford tuning. I have a 2015 mustang gt that I plan on spray a 150 shot through. Where will I find the timing tables to be able to take a few degrees of timing out of this thing. I data logged it and it showed to have 24 degrees at wot at 7k. Also I read about changing the lambda but again I cannot find it. Sorry if I just missed it somewhere but I really have searched.

Advanced Tuner
    Your max spark tables are in Engine > Spark > Advance > MBT Spark (all 28 of them). Your spark timing tables are in Engine > Spark > Advance > Borderline Spark(again, all 28 of them). Plus there are lots of tables that advance and retard timing based on temp, load, iat, etc. to give you your final timing.
    Lambda is in Engine > Fuel > Open&Closed Loop > WOT Fuel. Good Luck!
    Last edited by txcharlie; 04-17-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Wait are the mapped points 0-14? Do I need to change all of those or just the optimum tables?

Advanced Tuner
    On 11-14 Coyotes OP is what's used for WOT. On 15, I'm not sure as the OP tables are not active on the Mapped Points Config table. Maybe someone with 15 experience can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    On 11-14 Coyotes OP is what's used for WOT. On 15, I'm not sure as the OP tables are not active on the Mapped Points Config table. Maybe someone with 15 experience can chime in.
    Ok thanks txcharlie I have a 13 and was confused because I thought I read we just changed the op tables on the 11-14, thanks

Tuner
    I have a 15 gt on a 150 shot of nitrous and I enabled the OP table in the mapped points on mine. I also changed some timing adjustments in the lambda spark correction along with cam timing changes (doesn't seem to respond anything like the earlier coyotes did though).

Potential Tuner
    how did you enable the op table? I played with the op table and couldn't get the car to reduce timing at wot.

Tuner
    Under variable camshaft, there is a Mapped point table, that is where you enable the OP mapped point.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Under variable camshaft, there is a Mapped point table, that is where you enable the OP mapped point.
    Have you experimented with VCT advance and retard to try to find hidden power?

Kris

Tuner in Training
    your 2013 and your 2015 cam timing will be different as you are dealing with imrc now in the 2015 you dont have for 2011-2014.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm sure it's different advancement but I guarantee there is power there somewhere.