Thread: 6.0 conversion & Desired Throttle Area

6.0 conversion & Desired Throttle Area

Tuning a 5.3 06 Sierra that has been swapped to a 6.0. Got a donor stock file with matching OS & copied over all the 6.0 values EXCEPT the desired throttle area because I was scared of bricking the PCM. The truck is going on cruise at idle while driving & is pushing through the converter in drive. The trucks only mods are LT headers, a CAI, & 3200 stall converter so I wouldn't think idle tuning would be a big deal unless I need to change the desired throttle area to the 6.0 values. Any advice?
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Tuner
    Without changing desired throttle area, If its DBW you can reduce Idle Airflow or play with ETC Area Scalar. I've changed the desired throttle area values by 5-8% without problems , but I would never touch the 0 or 100 values on either end of the table, I only made small changes to smooth out the curve.
    Last edited by nkautz; 04-18-2015 at 04:19 AM.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by nkautz View Post
    Without changing desired throttle area, If its DBW you can reduce Idle Airflow or play with ETC Area Scalar. I've changed the desired throttle area values by 5-8% without problems , but I would never touch the 0 or 100 values on either end of the table, I only made small changes to smooth out the curve.
    Thank you for the advice, guess I'll keep looking at alternatives to altering the desired throttle area. What do you think about reducing the throttle cracker values as well? What I can't get over is why idle is so hard to get right with a stock cam running stock idle values.
    Last edited by WS6HUMMER; 04-18-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo