Thread: Differences in Silverado Flex fuel and non flex PCM pinning/harness etc

Senior Tuner

Differences in Silverado Flex fuel and non flex PCM pinning/harness etc

Not sure if anyone might be able to answer this. Customer put a flex fuel 02 tahoe pcm in a non flex 01 Silverado I believe. He originally just brought it to me and asked to turn vats off so it would start. Did that, and now it starts, I thought he had the right PCM and harness just PCM from another vehicle was his problem

Now he's saying it has the wiring harness from the 02 in it with the flex fuel plug just dangling... but its misfiring pretty good with 178 200 & 300 codes. Should I be able to do a reflash to non flex fuel program and it work ok? Not sure if there's any other differences in the harness and would need something in the harness changed?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

give me specifics on the 01 silv if u can. But for now. i am posting pinouts for both vehicles aptly named after what they are. hope it helps good luck! just print all 4 its on notepad and compare pinouts that way. if u need further wiring info. i check here almost every day. gotta love customers. i have a theory/billing philosophy. 65 /hour 85/hour if u watch. 105/hour if you worked on it first. happy friday!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Howes; 04-17-2015 at 08:24 PM.