Thread: knock retard not reading

Potential Tuner

knock retard not reading

I have updated my vcm 2.24 & 2.25
    and still there is no pid for knock ???????
    how to read it ?
    2014 ford raptor 6.2

Advanced Tuner
    Using the 2,25 scanner? I just begin using it and you have to select every sensor PID from the lists and for the mustang KR is working just fine tomorrow ill check on a 2014 raptor maybe is a bug why need to report
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Does KR work in 2.24 scanner? Working on a 2007 mustang and the only PIDs I can select are Knock voltage 1 and Knock voltage 2. If I have to use these PIDs, what is the knock threshold in volts?

CSR

Quote Originally Posted by csracing View Post
    Does KR work in 2.24 scanner? Working on a 2007 mustang and the only PIDs I can select are Knock voltage 1 and Knock voltage 2. If I have to use these PIDs, what is the knock threshold in volts?

CSR
    It wasn't in 2.24 last time I used it on my 2007. I believe DMR scanning is in the process of being added to the 2.25 beta scanner

Hmm. I switched to 2.24 from the beta because I wanted to export data into a spreadsheet, which is functionality that doesn't exist in 2.25 according to the "2 weeks" box I get when trying it. I'll look for KR in 2.25 then.
    2007 Mustang GT
    305ci big bore (5.0L Cammer block)
    Ported heads
    Lunati cams and springs
    Usual compliment of bolt-ons

I downloaded the latest 2.25 but still can't find a KR PID for my 2007 Mustang. I have Knock volts for sensor 1 and sensor 2, but that's all I see. Am I looking in the wrong place for the KR PID?

Thanks
    2007 Mustang GT
    Ported heads
    Lunati cams and springs

You could try doing what ElecTech says about deleting the file in this thread.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ord-Tips/page4

I have a feeling the knock DMR hasn't been added to your OS yet. Last time I checked 2.25 I didn't have it either, but it has probably been over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    You could try doing what ElecTech says about deleting the file in this thread.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ord-Tips/page4

I have a feeling the knock DMR hasn't been added to your OS yet. Last time I checked 2.25 I didn't have it either, but it has probably been over a month.
    It automatically re-polls the car now so there is no file to delete fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by redline5.0 View Post
    It automatically re-polls the car now so there is no file to delete fyi.
    I've noticed that. Bill@hptuners said the KR PID/DMR isn't available yet. I'll continue to wait I guess. The ECM is adding timing at WOT right now so I'm on the safe side, but would like to better optimize this tune sooner than later.
    2007 Mustang GT
    Ported heads
    Lunati cams and springs