Thread: srt4 tuning wot air fuels

srt4 tuning wot air fuels

Tuning wot how do I richen it up I pulled the currect tune in the ecu,now under power enrichment I'm in ve bank one all the numbers are the same
    Last edited by turbosrt4; 04-17-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Simple. Assuming injectors and sensors are all properly scaled and functioning, there are no mechanical issues or exhaust/intake/charge pipe leaks, nor any issues with any other sensors (ie. IAT sensor, TPS, ECT sensor), set the FA Power Enrich table to the desired Fuel to Air ratio (accounting for the stoich value that it is already supplying fuel for), then tune the VE curve until your wideband reaches what your desired AFR has been set to.

This also assumes adequate fuel supply, so you may want to datalog your fuel pressure if you think you might be on the verge of overwhelming any aspect of it. Even if you don't suspect you're overwhelming your fuel system, but you are running into inconsistent AFRs, you should log fuel pressure. I've tuned multiple SRT-4s now where the owner swore up and down their fuel system was plenty adequate, only to find that they drop up to 10 psi of fuel pressure at higher RPMs.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 04-15-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Dropping pressure means bad pump?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosrt4 View Post
    Dropping pressure means bad pump?
    Not necessarily. Just undersized/overwhelmed, or a bottle neck in the fuel system somewhere, which the Neon definitely has in the fuel pump module. If you haven't looked into or heard of it already, look into the "Bottle Neck Fix" (BNF, for short, and also known originally as the "SpoolBoy Mod").

Its not dropping pressure I justchecked 58

It has already been professionally tuned by Nigel on his Mustang dynowhen it got cool it leaned a little I just need to add some fuel at wide open throttle how do I do it

When I open up the power enrich table all the cells have the same values in them why is that

Tuner in Training
    Under Engine/fuel/general/FA Stoich you will see the number .0696 this is the number that is used to get 14.4 AFR by the ecu, which is what it calls for from the factory to idle and cruise at.
    The equation for that is 1/.0696=14.36
    Now if you go to Engine/fuel/general/FA enrich you will see numbers like .0150 or .0250...These are modifiers above the Stoich number (.0696)
    So, in order to see what they mean, you need to add them to .0696.... .0696+.0180= .0876
    Now, again use the equation 1/ but with the number .0876 1/.0876=11.4
    The 11.4 is the AFR that the tune is commanding from the ECU and as long as your VE table is setup right, you should see that on your wideband during a WOT pull.
    That should make it clear why most of the table is the same number.

Potential Tuner
    Good evening all,

I'm at a loss here.. Trying to figure out what the heck was going on in the CMR tuners head when he wrote this tune for me.. It's supposed to be for 93 octane and siemens 888/1025cc injectors and Mopar 3bar map/tip combo. AFR's at WOT are wobbly at best between 10.8 and 12.2. looks like knock threshold has been raised and the VE tables are flat as Taylor Swift... any pointers would be great as this tune nets me a swift a** whoopin at the hands of stock '11-12 ish camaro's ... Those are both the E85 and 93 Octane cal files.. thanks again for any help you guys can give.

Edit: Attachments removed by request of original author. -Moderator
    Last edited by siriusone; 12-06-2015 at 05:55 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post up your calibration file.

Tuner
    take you time post the log thanks for posting that tid bid on lamda in a dogde

Potential Tuner
    Kevin, you have anything you can share with me for correct set up for a big turbo with 3bar map and tip and Siemens 888/1025cc injectors? HP tuners is tough to understand