Thread: Pin Out for OBD2 cable to the connector on the HP box. No HP support for 5 days.

Potential Tuner

Pin Out for OBD2 cable to the connector on the HP box. No HP support for 5 days.

I can't seem to get any tech support from HP for this well wait five days.

Hoping someone here can help me out.

I need the pin out for the obd2 cable to the main box. I am trying to figure out if my read problems are cable related or box related. I will post the email I sent to them below so it isn't a waste of everybody's time to second guess the issue.

Thanks

Good morning having some trouble finding the vcm.

1st vehicle was a 2008 Ford f250 could not find the vcm
    2nd vehicle is a 2008 GMC truck
    3 rd vehicle is a 2006 Trailblazer

What i have done to trouble shoot. I have used another tool and can connect to the computer and read it on both vehicle 2 and 3.

What is strange is I can take and use an adapter box I developed many years ago for bench flashing. and on a 2005 GMC truck computer on the bench I can read the computer. So a little confused here. I I I have pinned out the cable and everything has continuity except pin 5 on the obd2 side goes to the case on the cable.

If I could have a pinout of the cable I would be very appreciative. It is either the cable or ?. Not condemning the module yet because it works during a bench flash. However 2 vehicles that I have read before can't find the vcm. Input please.

I would like you to tell me how much a new cable is and rush freight to my address below as I am now in a situation. I have the parts here to make a new cable to temp get me out of this situation but this is a very temp thing. If you could help me out with the pinout.

Thanks