Thread: What makes timing unstable when in SD

What makes timing unstable when in SD

Toward the end of the log. What makes timing do that but only in SD.
    Wanted to add that what I am talking about is under WOT.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Shop Inc; 04-15-2015 at 07:48 AM.

I dunno but you've got some pretty large (negative) fuel trim values in a lot of spots so I'd be working on that first.

Post the tune.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

...........not to mention your IAT's are off the charts........peaking at 190. You need to get some air in there.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I dunno but you've got some pretty large (negative) fuel trim values in a lot of spots so I'd be working on that first.

Post the tune.
    Im sure the large negative trims you are seeing are on decel.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedforhire View Post
    ...........not to mention your IAT's are off the charts........peaking at 190. You need to get some air in there.
    Its a Kenne Bell pushed to the limits

My SD mode also had jerky timing.. Mine was due to Burst Knock Retard which when left as is for MAF, causes problems in SD mode.. I think you pretty much have to disable Burst Knock completely in SD mode which i didnt want to do. I hear this is a problem with the E38 ECU's or OS... they dont behave well in SD mode.

You need to add Burst Knock Retard as a logging parameter then you will see what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 04-15-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    My SD mode also had jerky timing.. Mine was due to Burst Knock Retard which when left as is for MAF, causes problems in SD mode.. I think you pretty much have to disable Burst Knock completely in SD mode which i didnt want to do. I hear this is a problem with the E38 ECU's or OS... they dont behave well in SD mode.

You need to add Burst Knock Retard as a logging parameter then you will see what I'm talking about.
    Thank you for the info, I will do that!