Thread: hey guys

hey guys

So I have been talking to eric a fair amount on facebook about picking up hp tuners and ditching my current sct/tuner. My biggest concern would be dialing in the comp cams. My current tuner had me only do limiters on the exhaust. I talked to lund and this is what they had to say:

"We're not tuning the Comp Stage 3s unless limiters are on both intake and exhaust. I've had this conversation with Michael at L&M Engines and he doesn't recommend running them without the limiters. It's too risky. The intake side will make P to V contact around -33 to -35 degrees. So, depending on the phaser/tune for limitation only and eeking out past 20 degrees (Comps limiter cap) might work, but to us, it's not worth the risk."

So is there a way in the tune to limit my tune so the cam timing don't go to far and ptv? If just been messing with the demo software and a auto tune. I'm just affraid with all my mods its going to be to hard for me to tune.

Full mod list:
    Cobra jet intake with super cobra jet throttle body and rev auto 5" intake
    1 7/8 headers with o/r x-pipe
    comp s3 cams with boss valve springs
    built bottom end with stock compression
    m6 with 3.31's waiting on 3.90's

Advanced Tuner
    I'm going under the assumption that you have a '11 to '14 Coyote, so if you don't, this doesn't apply. Under Airflow > Variable Cam Timing > Max Phasing Limit EOT. This is where the cam phasing limits are set. What I was told about needing to use limiters was because the cam phasing by the PCM is not precise and using physical limiters is the safest way to run aftermarket cams. Good Luck!

Ops ya its a 2013 coyote. Basicly my tuner said not to worry about the intake side and the exhaust side wouldn't go over 15* but to put them in the exhaust side just to be safe. But lund is saying something different on the intake side.

Advanced Tuner
    I was told there's not a ptv problem. The problem is valve to valve interference. If there's just the right combination of overlap and valve lift/duration(aftermarket cam) the intake and exhaust valve can make contact.

Hmmmm I've never head that before but that could be right.
    Last edited by redline5.0; 04-13-2015 at 09:37 AM.