Thread: ReWriting Questions...

Tuner in Training

ReWriting Questions...

I had a customer bring me a PCM that was thought to be from a 2001 Silverado with 5.3/4l60e DBC. He wanted a basic VATS delete to get his project going. Further work to be done later. I hook up to it and read it and its a 2001 Silverado with 4.3/4l60e and DBC. I'm fairly knowledgeable with the software but this is a gray area for me. Can I just " Write Entire" with an entire tune that is for a 5.3? Would it be better to look for the correct PCM for his motor? Just trying to help him out and save a few dollars. Thanks in advance!!

Senior Tuner
    Without knowing what you have licenses for it's hard to say if you'll save him any money. A 0411 is a 0411 whether it has a 4.3L cal or a 5.3L cal in it. You will have to have a license for both what is in it now and for what you want to flash it with.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. The 4.3 PCM serial #12200411. Is there any way to find serial #s on what I already have licensed without having the PCM in front of me?

Senior Tuner
    12200411 is the pcm service #. That has nothing to do with what you have licensed. You license individual vehicle pcms and/or vehicle full model years.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. I did a little more research and figured a lot out. I appreciate the info!! Thanks!!

Tuner in Training
    can u tell us what u found Im in the same boat I made mine work but not sure if its correct or not im getting a high idel when u let off the gas

Tuner in Training
    I was able to Rewrite an entire different computers info that i already had licensed. Simple fix. Is your high idle when its in park? Im far from a pro, but a high idle after you let off throttle while driving, try adjusting Throttle cracker disable and enable. If its in park, try adjusting the Idle airflow table.

Tuner in Training
    the neutral safety switch is not being used so it does not know what gear its in but I only notice it in park or neutral