Thread: MAP/KPa not matching PSI? also does e85 help with engine cooling?

Tuner in Training

MAP/KPa not matching PSI? also does e85 help with engine cooling?

1. My scanner shows 14.xx psi which is confirmed by my mechanical boost guage.
    but when i looked at the logged Kpa its only at 149?

shouldnt it be maxxed out or closer to 210kpa at 14 psi?
    whats the deal with my map reading?

also it was really hot today and got some loging done. ive noticed that on a stop and go traffic where it consist of mostly stop. the ect goes up to 225* this is when im holding 4k rpm and not shifting like im suppose to.

pretty high due to heatsoak. the temp is way below on the freeway or when its not super hot.

Im wondering if running e85 will aide a bit with engine cooling? aside from going all out on cooling stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tuned2boost; 04-11-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    No one can help you without at least the log you're talking about. e85 will cool the air charge but will not help with engine cooling.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    No one can help you without at least the log you're talking about. e85 will cool the air charge but will not help with engine cooling.
    ops right sorry. editted and added log.

and if the combustion chamber is cooler from e85 vs 91 wouldnt that contributed to lower temp?

im considering e85 for other reason but i was wondering if this would help as well. id rather change over now vs later if it will.

Senior Tuner
    when i changed to E85 i had read that it helps cool engine temps but i havnt seen any change at all the engine is still going to run at the temp of the thermostat, intake temps are little better tho

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned2boost View Post
    ops right sorry. editted and added log.

and if the combustion chamber is cooler from e85 vs 91 wouldnt that contributed to lower temp?

im considering e85 for other reason but i was wondering if this would help as well. id rather change over now vs later if it will.
    E85 results in more fuel being burned for the same amount of air. Even though there's less energy in each molecule there are more molecules. Therefore more total energy in each combustion event. That energy is heat/pressure therefore it cannot help with engine cooling.

The ethanol has a lower vapor point than gasoline . As it is injected into the port it vaporizes/evaporates which pulls heat from the air, coolong it.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the reply guys.

anyone know if my map reading needs calibration? or is that what its suppose to read?

Tuner in Training
    bump

Tuning Addict
    Boost Pid is in VCM scanner board. Only works if your map is reading correct baro though.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC