Thread: Noob needs hands on help in jacksonville florida. Will pay

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Noob needs hands on help in jacksonville florida. Will pay

I am a first time tuner. I recently put an atk 460 HP 6.0L in my 1500 04 silverado z71. its got cold air intake, long tubes, straight 2.5 exhaust all the way out no cats or anything, ported throttle body, 60 lb injectors, and wide band installed. I am a lil overwhelmed. I have bought and read "the ultimate gm efi tuning guide" book. I tried to read and follow along. but im just more of a hands on kind of learner. just looking for someone to meet up with me (hopefully this weekend) to give me some hands on instruction. i don't want to ruin my new $4000 motor right off the rip. i started with a stock 6.0 file. made some minor adjustments just to be able to do the initial break in of motor and rear end. but now im ready to get it running right. Thanks for any help.
    2004 CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO Z71 WITH NEW ATK 460 HP 6.0L, K&N 77 SERIES COLD AIR INTAKE, PORTED THROTTLE BODY, LONG TUBE HEADERS, TRUE DUALS WITH NO MUFLLERS OR CATS WITH 5"X24" ANGLED TIPS, 8.1 FUEL INJECTORS, NGK SPARK PLUGS, 10MM SPARK PLUG WIRES, FACTORY STYLE DUAL FAN CONVERSION WITH OVERSIZED RADIATOR, 3" TORSION KEYS, 1 TON REAR LEAF SPRINGS, 35" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPERS 4.56 GEARS.

Senior Tuner
    8.1 injectors in your sig, I hope you don't think 8.1 injectors are 60lb. You won't need anywhere near 60lb injectors anyway.

Potential Tuner
    idk. i still a noob here. thats what they are supposed to be. 60 lb 8.1L
    2004 CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO Z71 WITH NEW ATK 460 HP 6.0L, K&N 77 SERIES COLD AIR INTAKE, PORTED THROTTLE BODY, LONG TUBE HEADERS, TRUE DUALS WITH NO MUFLLERS OR CATS WITH 5"X24" ANGLED TIPS, 8.1 FUEL INJECTORS, NGK SPARK PLUGS, 10MM SPARK PLUG WIRES, FACTORY STYLE DUAL FAN CONVERSION WITH OVERSIZED RADIATOR, 3" TORSION KEYS, 1 TON REAR LEAF SPRINGS, 35" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPERS 4.56 GEARS.